Double standards alive and well

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Palfrem

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E36 AMG, G 300 GEL his, SLK 200 hers
Yes, I know it's the Daily Mail but bear with me....

Disgraced, millionaire criminal, Mr Huhne buys an iPad on expenses and it's not worth taking him to court to get it back after quitting as an Mp

Fury at Huhne who bought £600 iPad on expenses before quitting as MP with Clegg demanding he 'pay amends' to taxpayer | Mail Online

Chav blings up her curfew tag and it's off to court for the £140

Woman, 22, ordered to pay £140 after using dozens of fake diamonds to 'bling' her electronic curfew TAG | Mail Online

Anyone care to talk me through the logic please?

Surely if there is gross misconduct, the government won't be contractually obliged to give him the £70k severance package? Not that anyone will be bothered to enforce this probably.

Scandalous that a multi millionaire should feel the need to defraud the taxpayer in this way.

Ok, I'll see if I can help.

She's poor, and can't afford a decent brief.
He's RICH.

cheers

I honestly dont see why anyone should be surprised over any of this.

I wouldnt trust ANY politician with a schoolboys pocket money.

99.5% of them are bare faced liers who are only interested in feathering their own nest.

Why be shocked at this latest stunt ? ? ?

I think I will put my X in a minority party box next election.

Likewise^ Frankly sick of hearing more and more of "what we need to do is........, "we have learned from this and ....... They are supposed to be representing us!

The second one can't afford to blow £250k on legal representation for themself, and Lord knows how much of the Crown's money, to argue a technical reason why they shouldn't be convicted? :dk:

I don't see any relationship between the two. So it's not about a double standard but a bizarrely lax standard for MPs.

What should happen is that anything expensed to a business or HMG is the property of that business or HMG. So the question that really needs to be asked is why Huhne isn't issued with a simple demand to return the iPad and anything else. If it was a business laptop or iPad and he was an employee of a company then the norm is that it is the property of said company and should automatically be returned when he departs.

For some reason MPs are treated differently from this norm.

That has to be seriously questioned.

They live in another world.

Hopefully the Judge who will be sentencing him will take things like this into account so the arrogant, odious little man gets what he deserves

Yes, I know it's the Daily Mail but bear with me....

Disgraced, millionaire criminal, Mr Huhne buys an iPad on expenses and it's not worth taking him to court to get it back after quitting as an Mp

Fury at Huhne who bought £600 iPad on expenses before quitting as MP with Clegg demanding he 'pay amends' to taxpayer | Mail Online

Don't worry, where he's going he won't have much use for an iPad.

A tube of K-Y jelly would've been a better investment.

Has he committed perjury or did he fess up before it got that far?

The difference is that at that time Mr Huhne was innocent and still an MP, so was able to claim those perks etc deemed necessary for his job. That may be morally reprehensible, but the second person had been convicted, was subject to a curfew as punishment, and the act of decorating her Peckham Rolex was a breach of the terms of that curfew.

Personally and as an uncle of two teenage nieces I would like to see the book thrown at anyone encouraging the use of bling and fake tans.

The difference is that at that time Mr Huhne was innocent and still an MP, so was able to claim those perks etc deemed necessary for his job. That may be morally reprehensible, but the second person had been convicted, was subject to a curfew as punishment, and the act of decorating her Peckham Rolex was a breach of the terms of that curfew.
Personally and as an uncle of two teenage nieces I would like to see the book thrown at anyone encouraging the use of bling and fake tans.

Ta-daa...

Last edited:
How hard would it be to deduct the Ipad cost from his severance payment ?

Severance payment, not many people get a payout if they resign, he shouldn;t get anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom