double to single passenger seat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DannydeVito

Car
vito 111 compact
Hi we have a Vito 111 LHD with a doubt bench seat, I want to put a single swivel seat on the passenger side without changing the double base unit. I will probably make a table in between with charging points for phones etc. Has anyone got any advice/photos etc of such a conversion ? Danny de Vito

I looked at the idea of a swing seat, but decided against it.
I have fashioned a storage unit for between the front seats, no double base unit in there or wouldn't be possible with my set up.
For us the storage unit, that has 2 drawers and split open pods atop and 2 flask holders in front is far more useful than the swing sweat would be.
In truth any storage unit would need to be low to not be struck by the seat as it rotates, then it is a stretch to use it while on the move. Anything atop of the base unit would be too high I would have thought.

I looked at the idea of a swing seat, but decided against it.
I have fashioned a storage unit for between the front seats, no double base unit in there or wouldn't be possible with my set up.
For us the storage unit, that has 2 drawers and split open pods atop and 2 flask holders in front is far more useful than the swing sweat would be.
In truth any storage unit would need to be low to not be struck by the seat as it rotates, then it is a stretch to use it while on the move. Anything atop of the base unit would be too high I would have thought.

thanks for getting back to me, so you have a single seat base for the passengers seat, can you share a photo of what you have done ?

Sure, a little later though.
Tbh all it is is a plastic storage unit, with a carry tray on top, a plastic bin hung on the rear, and 2 cup holders screwed on the front.
Not technical, wouldn't get any MB design awards, but does a useful job.

Attachments

• a.JPG
    a.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 18
  • b.JPG
    b.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 18
  • c.JPG
    c.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 18
  • d.JPG
    d.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 18
  • e.JPG
    e.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 17
  • f.JPG
    f.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 17
What seats are you using?? Definitely not any Vito/Viano seats..
as it 'appens thems drawers have gone with me across 3 639's.
Previously it was Volvo seats, now the Viano with standard seats.

I would like to make up something more prestigious, but maybe later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom