double tyre slicing!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guydewdney

MB Enthusiast
Car
906 Sprinter 313cdi
driving up the road, had to avoid another car in a single track road, so did what i have done a thousand times before, namely put it onto the edge of the road, brushing past the foiliage.

Except this time, theres the edge of a broken cast iron pipe. BANG BANG like a shotgun going off. Two, virtually new, tyres destroyed.

Methinks a claim to the council will be going in.

Poo.

I doubt it if the pipe is off the carriageway.

Reminiscent of many years ago, heading out along the Dingle Penisular, wife, young baby and Wife's parents in car (Fiat 131 Estate, pretty new) and buggered 2 tyres on a kerb. Wife, Granny and baby hitched a ride into Dingle with 1 wheel hoping to get it fixed (it was Sunday!!) while Granddad and I stayed with car - and along comes another Fiat 131!! Borrowed his spare and drove to Dingle, had loads of fun finding wife and granny (this was before mobile phones, "baby" is now 36 and has 4 children of his own!!) but eventually all sorted. Been super careful of kerbs ever since!

Borrowed his spare and drove to Dingle, had loads of fun finding wife and granny (this was before mobile phones, "baby" is now 36 and has 4 children of his own!!) but eventually all sorted.

Bloody Hell, it did take a while...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom