Down at big fish

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jim55

Car
c220 cdi
A few pics its still getting done ,182 bhp standard ( c220 cdi )il post more pics later but its a good set up here

Attachments

• 20161216_094927.jpg
    20161216_094927.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 156
  • 20161216_111231.jpg
    20161216_111231.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 137
  • 20161216_111205.jpg
    20161216_111205.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 134
Sweet -can you post up the cost, does it include a rolling road session?

Yep its on rr right now it does a few runs before and after ,395 inc egr delete il post up results when its done

Cool, cheers.

Yep these guys know there stuff...had mine on the rollers there a couple of times

Just back home, the final result was 200.1 bhp and 460nm but it started off at 183.9 by and 438nm of torque , so it was halfway there as standard,Paul said it was a good loose example and was putting out more than most stock models , so the increase wasn't as big as some ,he said they all end up very similiar one mapped and at they numbers mine was bang on with what he would expect to end up with.
So I got an increase of about16 bhp and 22nm for my money ,it's obv a gain of sorts but not the night and day difference I thought I'd feel,would I do it again ? No ,not for they figures , I'd leave it standard and use money for something else:mad: after he done the first run when he told me it's pushing more than usual I thought ,,great ,if it's 184 ish now it'll b about225 when he is done,not the case ,app these engines will only go to a safe 200ish bhp:confused:
What I'd do in future is pay for a dyno run first and see what it's putting out and bearing in mind potential max output and if your car is pushing out more than standard bear in mind the gains will b less( although still ending up at the same sorta figure all similar remapped cars end up at ( in this case 200 bhp and about 460 nm)
Paul and John done a great ,thoroughly pro job and got as much ( if not more) out of it than anybody else and I can't fault them in any way ,Paul had the ecu out 4 times in total and numerous dyno runs and software tweaks later he ended up at they figures safely,I just didn't expect the car to b above average power already,,so what I'm saying is get a dyno run done first before u commit , i l b money well spent :wallbash:

Attachments

• IMG_0243.jpg
    IMG_0243.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 48
Those figures are disappointing, not from BFT but from the car.

Well most tuners add the full additional quoted power onto whatever the stock engine is pumping out i.e. if you were to add a Brabus module which was to, for example, give i.e. another additional 30bhp and 50nn torque as an example, then surely the engine would be running the full additional power torque on top of the standard stock figure without any issue…..

I don't believe it is a case of you should get stock bhp +30 (or whatever) regardless of what stock is.

There is only so much you can do with boost pressure, injection etc on standard kit so I think 200bhp would be the result wether you started from 160 or 180 bhp.

BFT is 2 minutes from my house.
Not had any work from them yet but had a few chats and theyare great guys who seem to know their stuff.

Those figures are disappointing, not from BFT but from the car.

Eh,,,, show me higher reliable outputs from a standard 220 then ? Sure u can run higher boost but for how long until it goes bang orlimp mode beckons :fail

Eh,,,, show me higher reliable outputs from a standard 220 then ? Sure u can run higher boost but for how long until it goes bang orlimp mode beckons :fail

Re-read my post, I am confident BFT did what is achievable. The car (engine) gained 17bhp from a remap which to me is a bit disappointing as I would have hoped for a bit more.

I only ever see good things about BFT on the MB forums, seems a good outfit:thumb:

Jim how are you finding the car, still running ok?

Thats disappointing bearing in mind this is the same engine as the C250 and the only difference are the injectors. turbo's, and all other mechanics are identical.

Last edited:
Enlighten me please but isn't the output at the wheels less than at the flywheel or do they make an allowance?

What do you expect for 395 and a 6 year old oil burner ?

Thats disappointing bearing in mind this is the same engine as the C250 and the only difference are the injectors. turbo's, and all other mechanics are identical.

No - Jim and me have the 646, not the 651. Completely different engine.

Ah okay that makes more sense then

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom