Downtime

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Koolvin

Administrator
Staff member
Car
W168, W169 & S202
discuss the Downtime here.

I got into work extra early today so I could restore all the SQL files and PHP/HTTML templates!

Koolvin,

A downer yes, I was using the forum seconds before it died and 12 hours later was pestering yourself and Maff for answers!

However, I think everyone will be gratefull for your efforts and the speed with which we have recovered. I'm sure we can learn a lesson from this, and am happy to take a more active role in ensuring we are backed up if you let me know what is involved.

These things happen, lost posts and members will soon bounce back.

Member 500 is up for grabs again!!!

:bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Well done koolvin.:bannana: :bannana:

At least we are on the air again mate. I got really worried this time that we had been attacked again, but this time it seemed to go on for too long for that. Apologies to those I E mailed for answers.

Great work Koolvin,
I agree with Graham, we should all take a more active roll to ensure the work load is spread around.

Again, great effort and your speed of recovery. ;)

yay we are back :D

cheers K

Well done Vin - great effort :D

have a load of nana's

:bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Mark

Great work in repairing the damage sooo quickly K.,

If we've lost a month, does that mean Shude, Fuzzer & Jimmy have to go out and buy new cars again to post on the forum? ;) :p

Seriously, your tireless efforts are greatly appreciated, have more 'narners... :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

:)

S.

Koolvin,

I'll also gladly volunteer my services in any way I can.

Kinky

"Carpe Vehiculum" - Sieze the engine

P.S. - I won't bother with reposting my newbie entry, suffice to say thanks to all who kindly replied with a welcome.

Originally posted by Kinky
P.S. - I won't bother with reposting my newbie entry, suffice to say thanks to all who kindly replied with a welcome.

2nd time round - Welcome back to the Forum. :)

S.

I just logged on & noticed a lot of posts missing?

What happened??

I've obviously missed something.

From reading this thread it seems Koolvin has done a lot of repair work so thanks from me too Koolvin.

Are the lost posts gone forever??

:confused:

Originally posted by steve_bcs
I just logged on & noticed a lot of posts missing?

What happened??

I've obviously missed something.

From reading this thread it seems Koolvin has done a lot of repair work so thanks from me too Koolvin.

Are the lost posts gone forever??

:confused:

SLOW down!

Read the link at the top of this thread!!

OOOOOPS ! Sorry , Just got a bit over excited!

:eek:

The link explains it perfectly - thanks

Thanks for all your efforts in putting it back together!:bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Anyone found an ML.....?

R

edit: I've sold my 220 and am looking for an ML around£17500

Originally posted by Koolvin
I backup the system once a month myself because I dont like to rely on anyone else and its lucky I did do the backup on 2nd April 2003 otherwise we would have lost alot more.

K.,

It could have been alot worse, I've just read this BBC Report.

Quote "One of those affected, snowboarding site powderroom.net has lost 7 months of e-mails, contacts and forums since the site went down last week." :crazy: :confused: :eek:

Gotta admire a man that doesn't rely on standard back-ups and takes his own, just in-case. Kudos to you K. :rock: :bannana:

S.

*EDIT* @RichardW, nope sorry mate, but there is a local garage near me selling a Vivianite Green R129 SL (R reg I think) for approx £29K.

Last edited:
....and I was just starting to go cold turkey ;)

GJ anyway Koolvin....perhaps you might want to hand over some responsibility of backups to one (or more) of us if you want, that way one of us will always have a reasonably recent set if it all goes belly up again - we wouldnt want to lose as many posts as the old Benzsport did when that ended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom