DPF!!!!!! Cls 320 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Merkaholic

Car
Mercedes CLS 320cdi
Unfortunately recently my fan keept staying on for about a minute after the car was switched off..........never use to happen. On Friday i took it to a mates garage who done the diagnostic checks. Nothing came up which was interesting, appart from "dpf 20%" basicly dpf 20% clogged. In all honesty the car is used for short local journeys. It went back today for a dpf clean..........the mechanics had to use a hammer and chisel to unblock the DPF. It was 100% clogged!!!!! Recently the car did not feel vey responsive but driving it this evening it feels like a CLS again. Lets hope the MPG improves.

Yes, But if you gut the DPF you will have to map it out or the eml will come on.

Run it on decent fuel, ie V-power, and you shouldn't get any more problems, supermarket shite and short journeys almost guarantees it.

Took it on a 600 mile round trip after the dpf clear out. Its made a huge difference on power and mpg.

If they used a hammer and chisel to clean out the DPF, they didn't clean it, they removed it..... pretty naughty.
This may be an issue when it needs MOT'ing.

As above, you will have an issue at the next MOT if the DPF has been tampered with.

How will they know if its tampered with???

Hopefully they won’t. If it hasn’t been welded and it still passes the emissions test, it might be ok.
Starting soon though, they are having a big crackdown on this.

Are they looking for smoke emitting from the exhaust? No DPF then presumably more smoke.

Are they looking for smoke emitting from the exhaust? No DPF then presumably more smoke.
To be honest, if the tailpipe is dirty/black and the car is supposed to have a DPF then they will suspect that the DPF has been removed. Further, as far as I can tell, if any smoke is visible during the free-acceleration emissions test, under the new MOT regulations they will issue a Fail certificate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom