dpf error codes - where to start .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OneForTheRoad

MB Enthusiast
Car
2019 Glc coupe 350d was 2017 e350 c207 .. +65 ford kuga 2.0 cdi zetec awd..
my c250 cdi which has been ok for a few 1000's miles went into limp mode tonight , no eml . i used the mb2 v2 and got codes P246309 . P2463. P0471.

Soot content 0.07 ounces

ash = zero .

fill level 343 %

exhaust back pressure = 14.79 psi .

tried 3 times to do a manual dpf regen , but kept saying timed out ??

anyone shed some light on this and how i can go about sorting it . cheers .

Try taking it for a 20-minutes motorway run, and keep the car in lower gear using the shift range limiter - get the engine revving at 2,000-2,500 rpm (might be noisy).

If it gets to a point where it won't regen while driving or via STAR (not sure how reliable the iCarsoft regen is), then you will need to have the DPF removed and cleaned.

But Google the fault codes first, you want to be sure that you are indeed dealing with a clogged DPF and not a faulty sensor.

Also, using premium fuels might help (that's what some forums say....), especially during COVID when the car is likely to not be driven enough to keep the DPF clean.

I've been using the car daily . It's been fine. I tried yesterday twice driving at 2500 rpm in 5th gear. Still limp. Wondering if its dpf sensor pressure under airbox at fault. ???

So I changed the dpf pressure sensor . Did adaptation with icarsoft mb2 . Put a full 300 ml bottle of dpf cleaner in.and drove to whitby in 5th at 65 mph in cruise mode and back. Around 40 miles . Still limp. Turned engine off reset fault codes did another adaptation test . Got home switched off and back on. Low and behold car revved to 4.5 k . Fill level down to 8% and pressure at 0.01 bar.

Hi mate ive got the same code, I have the icarsoft mb v2 tool, said soot was at 33%, regen cycles all good however yesterday went into limp, and eml, tried clearing however code returns immediately p2463. I'm fairly sure the dpf hasnt blocked as it's only done 60 miles since last regen cycle. I was hoping it's the dpf pressure sensor, however based on the figures on the icarsoft they seem the same as yours, 0.01 at idle and 0.04 at 2500 revs, dpf fill lever 390%, soot 3g and ash 0g. I'm unsure what I should look at next, everything was working perfectly. I did replace the boost pipe last week as it had a split however wasnt causing any codes or issues, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20200712_090316.jpg
    20200712_090316.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
  • 20200712_101448.jpg
    20200712_101448.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
  • 20200712_090316.jpg
    20200712_090316.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
Hi mate ive got the same code, I have the icarsoft mb v2 tool, said soot was at 33%, regen cycles all good however yesterday went into limp, and eml, tried clearing however code returns immediately p2463. I'm fairly sure the dpf hasnt blocked as it's only done 60 miles since last regen cycle. I was hoping it's the dpf pressure sensor, however based on the figures on the icarsoft they seem the same as yours, 0.01 at idle and 0.04 at 2500 revs, dpf fill lever 390%, soot 3g and ash 0g. I'm unsure what I should look at next, everything was working perfectly. I did replace the boost pipe last week as it had a split however wasnt causing any codes or issues, any help would be greatly appreciated.

You could try a new sensor for what they cost. Delete error codes and run the 1st part of the dpf check ...

I had a dpf doctor out, hes done a rest on the filter, all sensors are perfect, basically told the car it had a new filter, the soot level was at 2g, something in the cars software had told the ecu that the dpf was full hence the massive fill level, when actually the dpf was empty, strange one.

Same happened to me Im guessing my icarsoft told the ecu all was well and my levels went to 36% fill. I did replace the sensor though..

I think the fill level doesnt represents the soot level, I think the fill level is a measure of time and distance drove, I believe the fill level will count and increase regardless of the soot level, so even if soot level is low, and the fill level has increased over a period of time and driving then a regen will still take place once the fill level has reached a certain point, even if the soot level is pretty minimal, I may be wrong

So I changed the dpf pressure sensor . Did adaptation with icarsoft mb2 . Put a full 300 ml bottle of dpf cleaner in.and drove to whitby in 5th at 65 mph in cruise mode and back. Around 40 miles . Still limp. Turned engine off reset fault codes did another adaptation test . Got home switched off and back on. Low and behold car revved to 4.5 k . Fill level down to 8% and pressure at 0.01 bar.
hi how did you do the adaptation on icarsoft2?

So I changed the dpf pressure sensor . Did adaptation with icarsoft mb2 . Put a full 300 ml bottle of dpf cleaner in.and drove to whitby in 5th at 65 mph in cruise mode and back. Around 40 miles . Still limp. Turned engine off reset fault codes did another adaptation test . Got home switched off and back on. Low and behold car revved to 4.5 k . Fill level down to 8% and pressure at 0.0

hi how did you do the adaptation on icarsoft2?
You go into a dpf regen condition ,and the icarsoft kind of goes through various checks ,one of which is the dpf sensor settings . I think it was just pot luck it worked for me tbh. But it seemed to cure my fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom