DPF on gle 2.1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MSG2004

Car
GLE, AMG Line
Hello

This year I've hardly driven the car as we usually go out in our son's car as it has 7 seats and we usually go away together. Was on hols for a good 7 weeks abroad returned first week of March the covid. Since the cars last service in 2019 I'd only done 2k miles all short 2/3 mile trips and the odd 5 miles up and 5 back and one 340 mile round trip. Got problems with the DPF last year.

I've read that some other makes of car have a DPF warning telling you to run it hot for a good 10-20 miles.

My car does not, well not one I've seen, what would you guys recommend, [;ease.

2016 car purchsed from new 2.5d aka 2.ad amgline gle. 15500 miles.

Hello

This year I've hardly driven the car as we usually go out in our son's car as it has 7 seats and we usually go away together. Was on hols for a good 7 weeks abroad returned first week of March the covid. Since the cars last service in 2019 I'd only done 2k miles all short 2/3 mile trips and the odd 5 miles up and 5 back and one 340 mile round trip. Got problems with the DPF last year.

I've read that some other makes of car have a DPF warning telling you to run it hot for a good 10-20 miles.

My car does not, well not one I've seen, what would you guys recommend, [;ease.

2016 car purchsed from new 2.5d aka 2.ad amgline gle. 15500 miles.
What are the problems with the DPF?

To trigger a regen you could hold it in fourth or fifth gear at say 70 mph on the motorway and see if it decides tokick in. Regen is more likely when running consistently at higher engine speeds over a prolonged period.

What problem did you have with your DPF ?
Do you take it for a decent quick run down the bypass every now and again ?

Geoffus, this is what I'm not clear about, IE what runs to take it on how long, duration, etc. Its a 50mph dual road near where we live and i have in the past driven the car in a lower gear to heat it up more quickly. The engine management light came on and went into a semi limo mode is he best way I can describe it as you could not really tell as i drive gently, it was only when i tried to put my foot down to test it I noted a difference.
I know someone that lives near me with a breakdown service and all the hardware and they put the computer on to it and then drove it hard-sih for a few miles and everything was ok. I want an idea if to run her at 50mph once a month for about 5 miles especially in winter as it takes longer to warm up

Why is there no dpf warning in a MB its my first MB diesel, been a petrol man since my first car at 17 now retired for a couple of yrs pushing 60. Our son did have a diesel, Grand Cherokee recently sold it kept her for about 7 years, never a problem with dpf and that was driven a few miles a week for a couple of month then long bursts to leeds, EU, etc and then short trips but that was always ok.

Geoffus, this is what I'm not clear about, IE what runs to take it on how long, duration, etc. Its a 50mph dual road near where we live and i have in the past driven the car in a lower gear to heat it up more quickly. The engine management light came on and went into a semi limo mode is he best way I can describe it as you could not really tell as i drive gently, it was only when i tried to put my foot down to test it I noted a difference.
I know someone that lives near me with a breakdown service and all the hardware and they put the computer on to it and then drove it hard-sih for a few miles and everything was ok. I want an idea if to run her at 50mph once a month for about 5 miles especially in winter as it takes longer to warm up

Why is there no dpf warning in a MB its my first MB diesel, been a petrol man since my first car at 17 now retired for a couple of yrs pushing 60. Our son did have a diesel, Grand Cherokee recently sold it kept her for about 7 years, never a problem with dpf and that was driven a few miles a week for a couple of month then long bursts to leeds, EU, etc and then short trips but that was always ok.
I doubt 5 miles will get the engine fully up to temperature and it won’t really be long enough to complete the regen. I would suggest 20 miles would be more likely.

The engine management light could be another fault and unrelated to DPF, probably best get the fault codes read, ideally on a STAR machine.

The engine management light and dpf was last year and ok since. Just want for some recommendations of approx mileage I should run
and frequency of this bearing in mid the car only does very short trips once or twice at the most a week, Thanks to those that have helped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom