dpf regen + warning light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c220cdi2010

Car
c220
Hello,
Done a quick search and nothing obvious jumped out at me.

My warning light came on and a quick scan said pending error: dpf regen

Next morning did a 3hr drive no stopping at over 2000rpm and so engine should have been hot and enough to sort this, but the light has not gone and a scan shows the warning still there.

How can I know the regen has been done? or is it a dealer only thing?
At £140 an hour not keen on them having any longer than they need it!

Ta,
Neil

Has the light stayed on after car shut down for a while and re-started?
If yes, my first purchase would be a bottle of Millers Oils News | DPF Cleaner at about £10.
Or you could wait and see if the regen cycle sorts it out……..

I think you will need to keep the revs up and above 2500 constantly for re gen to kick in
at least 20 miles
put the additive in aswell
get an indy to do a forced re gen if that fails

Doing a forced regen doesn't even always work.

See that pressure sensors are giving plausible values when engine is stopped (no offset which could trigger regen) and again when running (offset between values rational)... also try to check that pressure sensor tubing is ok.

Are there any maintenance action done before symptoms started? (If ash content is really growing so fast, is engine oil low ash type)

Morning All,
Giantvanman - same even after parking overnight the following day; also use millers stuff on every other tank same as previous diesel and not had issues in past!

ozzyboy - you would have thought heat was required as much as revs; or is revs required less than heat?

wg m-b - if a forced regen doesn't work what are my options?

mersum1es - no prior service work has been done no

it is in for 70k b-service this week & recall on injectors that wasn't done by previous owner so will see what they say then and will udpate.

Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom