DPS Filter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sintil8

Car
CLK 320 CDI Cabrio
My engine light has come on orange, so i have taken it to a non MB garage in spain. He has hooked it up to a computer and stated that it is the DPS filter, i said replace it then, until he gave me a price of 3,500 euros????? to my horror. He said he will try using top grade diesel which may flush out the filter, can this work???? I have a 4 year old CLK 320 CDI Convertable!!

Thank you!

I'm suffering the same problem - theres a UK company that removes them & remapps the ecu to stop any error lights coming on - I'm in the process of getting a quote. Cheaper to buy a new exhaust & pay for the remap?

there are good of the shelf cleaners for this just stick them in yer tank KAT a clean works for me there is also cleaners you put into the DPF let it sit over night then refit the DPF when it is fixed at least twice a week scream the engine out on the motorway this will blow all this crap from your exhaust it builds up when you toodle round town like a granny

Hey

If you were in the UK, we normally charged around £450 for the whole job and you get a remap aswell.

acid

That is the only problem with DPS filter, it needs to be taken out on a good run ( doesnt take high speed) you need to run the car at say a constant 1800 - 2000 rpm for an hour or so and then it will be clean.
Sometimes you may get a burning smell coming from the back of the car ( a bit like plastic melting) this is normal after a long run and is proof that the filter is working properly!;)

The rpms's should be more than 2000rpm and the best thing to do if you intend to keep it is to put it in cruise and lower gear.
The DPF's are auto generating by doing this.

Many car manufacturers are now not choosing to insert the DPF's due to many problems arised. VW has had their share.

What you choose to do is entirely up to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom