Dr ColourChip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Damaino

Car
Mercedes W204 C200K AMG Sport
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone on has used Dr ColourChip for any stone chip and other chips. I have a few chips on the bonnet, dont want the exorbitant prices of body shops to repair the chips.

Looking to order a colour pack from Dr ColourHhip but wanted to know if anyone has used this before and if you were happy with the colour matching of the paint they sent you compare to other ones on the market(ie Chipex).

I have a W204 Steel Grey colour vehicle which i need to touch up.

Thanks

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone on has used Dr ColourChip for any stone chip and other chips. I have a few chips on the bonnet, dont want the exorbitant prices of body shops to repair the chips.

Looking to order a colour pack from Dr ColourHhip but wanted to know if anyone has used this before and if you were happy with the colour matching of the paint they sent you compare to other ones on the market(ie Chipex).

I have a W204 Steel Grey colour vehicle which i need to touch up.

Thanks

Bonnet chips are a pain

Touch it up for now but it's impossible to make them 'disappear' best bet is to wait till you get a few more and have the whole panel sprayed

Totally agree, but i have some other spots around the car, that i would like to touch up as well.

Totally agree, but i have some other spots around the car, that i would like to touch up as well.

I've heard good things about Chipex

I've just used Chipex on my Jasper Blue c180k. DrColourchip looks to be the same process, i.e. dab on and wipe over with blending solution.

Honestly, not too impressed with the Chipex results, okay, it has filled in the chips, and there were quite a few on the bonnet, looks great from a distance especially now that I have machine compounded, polished and waxed, but up close the repairs can be seen and the finish colour seems to be slightly lighter than original paintwork. Maybe more coats of the Chipex paint would be have been better.

The problem with 'Chipex' or any similar product, which relies on touching in with a pad or brush is that the metallic particles present in most modern car paints bind together.

This in turn affects the appearance of the touched in colour, making it look different to the surrounding paint.

The detailer I use here in darkest Norfolk is a Chipex "authorised applicator." He used Chipex to repair some chips on the door edges. The paint match was perfect and the repair is invisible (which I didn't believe possible).

ive read the reviews about Chipex and many have complained about the shade of colour is slightly off. I know many of these products try their best to match the colour closely and have so many contributing factors to take into consideration ie the age of the paintwork etc.

Chipex was the first product that popped up on my search but then i noticed Dr Colourchip which provides the same process, plus they offer a 100% money back if you not happy... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom