Dragons Den - any watchers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scruffy

Car
W209 CLK 320
fascinating - in a slightly cringeing kind of way. BBC2 tues

Pretty good program, but I hate the guy from "Bannetynes" or whatever spelling it is. He is just a bullyboy who made good. The others seem more business minded, with the American chap being the one I would go with on a venture. That's if I ever have an original idea in my life :D

Regards Paul.

Agree - its a top program, but it sometimes you just think 'Why ?!'

The program makes good entertainment, but I don't rate any of the "dragons" except for the American chap.
One also has to take much of it with a pinch of salt. Who in reality would want to negotiate away an equity stake in their business/livelihood in that atmosphere in the space of 2 or 3 minutes. I wonder how many of the deals agreed on the program are actually signed and sealed afterwards, once the lawyers get involved?

nickg said:
Who in reality would want to negotiate away an equity stake in their business/livelihood in that atmosphere in the space of 2 or 3 minutes.

Precisely. I saw this and thought how totally unreal it was. The sight of the so-called-big-boys-and-girls trying to screw people out of their intellectual property for peanuts almost made me barf. There were these 2 engineers who invented something really quite useful (a camera that measured things that it photographed in 3d) and they wanted to sell 5% of their company for £50K. The suits countered with 30% for £25K - greedy b@stards. I think the producers need to put in some people who have already made stuff and money, put on a crap presentation, get rejected - and then turn round and say - well actually we don't need your money...etc...
Les

nickg said:
Who in reality would want to negotiate away an equity stake in their business/livelihood in that atmosphere in the space of 2 or 3 minutes. I wonder how many of the deals agreed on the program are actually signed and sealed afterwards, once the lawyers get involved?

obviously the bean bag/settee lady who is trading as we speak from a slick looking website

Do you mean the woman who "invented" the hammock/sofa thing?
Her idea was quite good, but her proposed price of £999 was v silly.
She has a good idea but I suspect no idea how to turn it into a business. I expect the Red Letter Day woman to help her out and make loads of cash.......
I would have invested in that business. You could probably make the things for £50 and churn them out for £299.

they're having a laugh. £750 for a piece of canvas and you run the risk of ripping the ceiling down if you have a few too many big macs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom