drain fuel filter warning light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ioweddie

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AMG Line Premier Plus Estate C220d
Just washed the car 62 reg sport plus c220 and drove down the road to blow off the excess water and the warning light came up drain fuel filter, I pulled over switched off waited a few seconds and then started up and the warning had gone, went for a blast up the road about 5 miles and the light is still off. Is this a glitch or could it be water in the diesel as I filled up on Saturday at the local Morrisons. If the light comes on again its a trip to the dealer but is this a warranty job or are Morrisons potentially liable if its a fault of watere in the fuel?
Thanks Eddie

Funny you should mention this, for while my car's symptoms are different, the common thing here could be water:

1. I had all lights flash up on the dash twice during the deluge we had in the last few months.

2. After visiting the car wash, the day afterwards, the dash message lit up red said something like 'battery fault, visit workshop'.

The fix in all these cases was to 'turn the computer off and on again', like the advice given on the answering machine of The IT Crowd help desk. As these cars have more computers than you can shake a stick at, I suppose a reboot is required once a while? A bit disconcerting though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom