Draining petrol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
its always had v power in it
Then just drive it to a Shell station for some more. Or you'll be paying someone £130 to pour your fuel into their own car.
(A mate worked in a Yamaha dealership and every spring he'd be presented with scooters that wouldn't start after being laid up over winter. 9 times out of 10 fresh fuel solved it. Stale fuel causes no starts. If it starts, the fuel isn't stale).

I agree with Bellow. fill it up and drive it . I too would be more concerned about tyre condition , batteries other fluids , wiper blades , screen fluid etc.

If you've already spent all that money why are you bothered about £130? As other's have said fill it and drive it it wont take long to use 1/2 tank then refill

If you don't mind me asking what are you having done to it ?

new brake servo and master cylinder (servo was hissing when i put the car away. vacuum line good so servo gone.) as i was getting a new servo, it made sense to get a new master cylinder as well. new rear springs and bushings at diff end of the spring carrier, discs and pads all round and rear brake shoes. new tyres all round, and fresh mot
as for money, after last year, me and the mrs need a holiday, so saving up for one, then its onto stage 2 with the car later in the autumn
as for the battery, etc the battery is brand new, wipers are good, all bulbs good, etc

it will be. car has to be ready for 27th june so i can fulfill a promise to my mum and dad who passed away last year, theres a thread about it

I couldn't find it but didn't know what to look for but i did come across the smoking thread i to have just been diagnosed with COPD and also thought smoking but no it is down to concrete dust from the building industry i did the blow test thing and was shocked to see the difference between the 2 lines on the screen, me and what it should be 🤫

If it starts & idles , its ok to use, as above you can fill it, but I would not be too concerned about it. Get your other jobs done first. Keep your £130 for new fuel

I couldn't find it but didn't know what to look for but i did come across the smoking thread i to have just been diagnosed with COPD and also thought smoking but no it is down to concrete dust from the building industry i did the blow test thing and was shocked to see the difference between the 2 lines on the screen, me and what it should be 🤫
Silica dust.
It’s a killer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom