Dreadful Morning................

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
Since breakfast this morning it has snowed, and snowed, and snowed we now have 8 inches of snow and its still falling! I have spent 4 and a half hours first delivering children then collecting children from schools that are having to close. The roads are horrendous, the Merc is as useless as a useless thing on National useless day, in useless land because in snow it is utterly hopeless.
I got stuck repeatedly this morning and have had to spin my way of several fixes. I HAVE WORN MY REAR TYREs TO BALD IN A MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So far this week my wifes car (that I had an accident in) has had to be repaired and now I need two 205/55 R16 tyres for my car. :crazy:

I'm planning on staying in now :(

R2D2 said:
the Merc is as useless as a useless thing on National useless day, in useless land because in snow it is utterly hopeless.
Lol if ever there was a man who should have bought some winter tyres... ;)

wide, low profile tyres are just about the worst possible thing to have on an your car in this weather especially if it's an automatic - mines been parked up for the last few days and is staying that way. Put a set of suitable tyres on and the car would be a whole lot better

Our kid's school was closed well before school run time this morning - you may be able to save yourself a journey tomorrow - check the southern FM web site they had details of all the schools closed and were updateing the list every few minutes.

Staying in seems like a very good plan

Andy

The guy who was having a even worse time this morning was a BMW330 driver who couldnt get up the slip road of junction 4 of the M2 this morning, managed to sideways and block the whole exit.....Bravo that man!

R2D2 said:
I HAVE WORN MY REAR TYREs TO BALD IN A MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Join the club mate :devil:

R2D2 said:
the Merc is as useless as a useless thing on National useless day, in useless land because in snow it is utterly hopeless.

My Merc isnt :)

Sorry you are having a bad day.

Alfie, i thought of you this morning and for the first time understood the appeal of a 4x4:(

8 inches of snow!!

Here in sunny Cheshire, we haven't had one snowflake.

Get building those snowmen Greg :)

This weather is weird, we are not many miles up the M2/A2 from you and all we have had to is "Snain". Hope it doesn't snow heavy here, I gota venture out this evening.

Tan said:
This weather is weird, we are not many miles up the M2/A2 from you and all we have had to is "Snain". Hope it doesn't snow heavy here, I gota venture out this evening.
I thought the snow was pretty much all done with, BUT...

http://www.metcheck.com/severe.asp

Oh great! I normally love the snow. But I have just taken the SL out of hibernation and it doesn't like the snow.

Flyer said:
I quite like that site, but the graphics they use for Weather are incredibly annoying; if the clouds really moved that fast, we'd be having a category 5 hurricane! :D
I love metcheck.com, it's been frighteningly accurate over the last few weeks! Michael Fish works for them now as well! :D

They predicted the snow two weeks before it happened, the BBC caught on a day or two later.

Looks like more snow today in Rochdale, woo hoo! :D

Kent Now!

To those of you who this effects. Bluebell hill , boxley hill and Detling hill are all shut. Hope you like Maidstone;)

So thats what snow looks like :D

Sorry to hear of all your misfortune though, glad the wifes car is ok but really shocked at the tyre issue you are having. Read in the Sun last Saturday that you were banned from driving. Didnt realise that you ventured as far as Leyland to get you ban :devil:

Hey R2!
What you moaning about! You go it light...Down here in Fannit (Or Thanet if your posh) Nearly the whole island has come to a standstill, all schools closed, buses stopped, trains stopped, and most cars stopped. The snow from last week had not cleared, so this lot this morning and last night finished us off!

And my E class is equally useless in the snow, entertaining, but useless.

Paul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom