drilled and groved discs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SJL

Car
2001 E CLASS 320 CDI
have scowered all the places i can find and i cannot find anythin for the w210 320 cdi id like to upgrade the brakes as i want more power!!! cannot find a decent set of discs front or rear - do they do any brake conversions

any help would be brilliant.

The obvious suggestion is to look at other models in the range.
The ultimate would be the AMG brake set-up, seriously expensive!

Do a search here on discs, black diamond, as a number of members have had grooved / drilled discs made up especially (for W203 )

Nice one Steve! :D

that site was spot on . thank you both for your help , ive never had any dealings or used any one else bar tarox and ive put them on previous bmw's . any other preferences on manufacturer and style?

have scowered all the places i can find and i cannot find anythin for the w210 320 cdi id like to upgrade the brakes as i want more power!!! cannot find a decent set of discs front or rear - do they do any brake conversions

any help would be brilliant.

Check out mTec100 shop on e bay, he does front & rear uprated sets cross drilled and grooved, also he uses Febi discs which are German and part of Bilstein. For Pads use Ferodo DS or OMP race, got these on my Subaru and racing Puma and are fantastic, you will see from one of my other posts the difference they made to the stopping distance. If you are chasing the ultimate braking performance then it's a caliper change as well I'm afraid.

Seem to remember that insurance companies can be pretty funny about any changes to braking systems ... if you declare them?

Check out mTec100 shop on e bay, he does front & rear uprated sets cross drilled and grooved, also he uses Febi discs which are German and part of Bilstein. For Pads use Ferodo DS or OMP race, got these on my Subaru and racing Puma and are fantastic, you will see from one of my other posts the difference they made to the stopping distance. If you are chasing the ultimate braking performance then it's a caliper change as well I'm afraid.

Beat me to it.

I've got these discs on my car, and they are ace. I recommend it.

I have grooved ATE discs, and they're brilliant. Would recommend them if you come across any that fit! :)

Seem to remember that insurance companies can be pretty funny about any changes to braking systems ... if you declare them?

I put Brembo grooved discs on my previous W203 and on the BMW without any fuss or increase in premium from More Than and Hastings Direct.

I have grooved ATE discs, and they're brilliant. Would recommend them if you come across any that fit! :)

Got the ATE grooved set on my C230K too, excellent improvement over standard discs certainly worth the additional £5 per disc over standard IMO though I do think they wear quite quick (on my 2nd set) groove almost worn away to nothing, I always replace my discs front and rear, every other set of front pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom