Drilled rotors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

television

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
R230 SL500
just looking at my old discs and I notice that all of the holes on the inside are blocked up solid, and no way to clean them on the car, whats the point if they block

Last edited:
I reckon that's from lack of use Malcolm :D

Quite a common problem actually.

On my bike, I just poke something pointed through each hole Doesnt take long.

Quite a common problem actually.

On my bike, I just poke something pointed through each hole Doesnt take long.

If the holes went right through that would be fine,, but you cant get to the rear ones.

Thank you for saying its common:):)

Yes they do fill up. I make sure I use the pressure hose on mine when cleaning.

WIth heavy use the holes really do get blocked up. After my last event I had to use a drill bit to clear all the holes, some really quite stubornly blocked.

Best to clear them as otherwise the material heats up and expands and can increase cracking which drilled disks are prone to anyway.

just looking at my old dics and I notice that all of the holes on the inside are blocked up solid, and no way to clean them on the car, whats the point if they block

Your what is blocked through lack of use? :eek: :D

I can watch them from now on,,It has the EBC pads,, and I will have to slip them off to do the holes on the inside.

Thank you for the replies

I can watch them from now on,,It has the EBC pads,, and I will have to slip them off to do the holes on the inside.

Thank you for the replies

I recommend you steer clear of EBC pads. In the biking world they are well known to eat disks like no other brand.

I must be doing something right as my disks are still original 177k miles old.

I recommend you steer clear of EBC pads. In the biking world they are well known to eat disks like no other brand.

I must be doing something right as my disks are still original 177k miles old.

Is it the same for the green and red ceramic

Thank you

I think it's fair to say that some of the EBC pads were appalling but that they reformulated & improved them

But I think it's also fair to say that they don't have the resources of the manufacturer when it comes to refining the product to suit the vehicle

Wow, that was tactful! Nothing against EBC but I do like original pads

Nick Froome
www.w14.co.uk

I think it's fair to say that some of the EBC pads were appalling but that they reformulated & improved them

But I think it's also fair to say that they don't have the resources of the manufacturer when it comes to refining the product to suit the vehicle

Wow, that was tactful! Nothing against EBC but I do like original pads

Nick Froome
www.w14.co.uk

Having had my bike pads replaced recently, I'm pretty sure that they are not OE as they hiss like mad when I use the front brake - the performance pads on my track bike used to do this, great for feeling like a racer, not so good for longevity.

I'm surprised that you can get the holes in the discs to fill up - my bike gets used through winter in all weathers, never noticed it.. obviously not braking hard enough..

Ade

Bikers input on this is probably best as they all have drilled discs.

Your problem is most likely as others say, lack of use, due to spending too much of your time on the PC. on this web site. Get the jack out, and clean your discs.

Bikers input on this is probably best as they all have drilled discs.

Your problem is most likely as others say, lack of use, due to spending too much of your time on the PC. on this web site. Get the jack out, and clean your discs.

When the sun comes out you will not see me here :)

If the holes block up again, I will buy some new ones:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom