Drilling holes in a ML

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

l5foye

Car
ML 300CDI
I would like to install a fire extinguisher on the floor of a ML on the right hand side of the driver's seat. Does anyone know if there are any wires or the like under the carpet?

Cannot answer your question directly, but I'll throw my tuppenceworth in.

First make absolutely sure you want to mount the extinguisher in a particular place. You want to make it accessable but not get in your way, especially if you are going to keep kicking it. You may have more options open to you if you mount it in the rear loadspace.

Once you are sure where you want to mount it, it should be an easy job to lift a sill plate to raise the carpet to check for any wiring.

Make sure you then look under the car as well to make sure there are no fuel pipes etc. Good luck. :cool:

l5foye said:
I would like to install a fire extinguisher on the floor of a ML on the right hand side of the driver's seat. Does anyone know if there are any wires or the like under the carpet?

There is an MB mount that puts the extinguisher in front of the either the pax or driver's seat, if that helps.

Thanks for the advice and info. I want to put the extinguisher beside driver's seat for accessability and (wait for it) to hide a burn mark on the carpet. I was calculating it is cheaper to hide mark than replace the whole carpet ! The reason for the mark re-enforces the need for a fire extinguisher ! There is logic there somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom