Drinking every night...Is it a problem?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
i think the whole city is full of alcoholics! the square mile is full of binge drinkers nearlly every night, more so wed, thurs fri nights! i used to be tee-total till i started here! ;)

I wasn't making light of a serious subject at all. I also have first-hand experience of someone very close battling with alcoholism and the effects it has on all around. My point was rather that Donza had again dropped an emotive thread onto the forum - then disappeared into the ether. He has form for it and I was making light of this, rather than the subject matter itself. I apologise if it has caused any offence or upset.

However serious the subject there is always a place for humour as far as I am concerned. The more serious the subject the blacker I like it. It doesn't mean that you can't have a serious exchange at the same time.

If you knew the jokes doctors made about patients you would probably be horrified......anybody who knows what a diagnosis of JPFROG is will know what I mean :eek:

However serious the subject there is always a place for humour as far as I am concerned. The more serious the subject the blacker I like it. It doesn't mean that you can't have a serious exchange at the same time.

If you knew the jokes doctors made about patients you would probably be horrified......anybody who knows what a diagnosis of JPFROG is will know what I mean :eek:

http://www.acronymfinder.com/Just-Plain-Frigging-Ran-Out-of-Gas-(JPFROG).html

I think that this subject may be close to many peoples hearts and posters are being quite truthfull and factual about it, this may be one of those posts that isnt full of jokes,

Just an observation - that Donza deleted his post almost immediately - certainly before anyone replied - so all this thread has been based on an assumption that Donza has a drink problem:crazy: .

Personally deleting the content in that way is not helpful - but quite why people are sharing such personal and private information when it might not be necessary or appreciated is beyond me. All credit to everyone for wanting to help - but I fear it might be totally wasted and that this thread should really only go to one place - the bin.

ETA - an observation the OP has been on the forum this afternoon yet has not seen it appropriate to respond to this thread -

Last edited:
I think that this subject may be close to many peoples hearts and posters are being quite truthfull and factual about it, this may be one of those posts that isnt full of jokes,

My point was that I didn't feel that a poster needed to apologise for making a mild joke in a mostly serious thread (this is an MB site after all). Just because we are effected by something in life (and yes I've got a "I've been effected by alcoholism" badge too) doesn't mean that we shouldn't also be able to see the funny side of a subject. That, or we are all in danger of taking ourselves a we bit too seriously.

Just an observation - that Donza deleted his post almost immediately - certainly before anyone replied - so all this thread has been based on an assumption that Donza has a drink problem:crazy: .

Personally deleting the content in that way is not helpful - but quite why people are sharing such personal and private information when it might not be necessary or appreciated is beyond me. All credit to everyone for wanting to help - but I fear it might be totally wasted and that this thread should really only go to one place - the bin.

I think you miss one of points of forums - that the replies are often of benefit to people other than the OP.

It is a subject that is very topical and like all the OT threads I'm sure there are plenty who have an interest. I suspect anybody who drinks alcohol has asked themselves at one stage or another whether they drink too much or whether they are doing themselves harm. People are clearly interested in the subject and therefore the contribution of the original poster isn't strictly relevant.

Anyway, by replying you clearly felt that you had a contribution to make that would be of interest ;)

I think you miss one of points of forums - that the replies are often of benefit to people other than the OP.

It is a subject that is very topical and like all the OT threads I'm sure there are plenty who have an interest. I suspect anybody who drinks alcohol has asked themselves at one stage or another whether they drink too much or whether they are doing themselves harm. People are clearly interested in the subject and therefore the contribution of the original poster isn't strictly relevant.

Anyway, by replying you clearly felt that you had a contribution to make that would be of interest ;)

err no I don't miss the points at all - quite the opposite....

and yes I did.

As an aside, is there something in Stella which turns people into monsters? I know it's nicknamed 'wifebeater' but doesn't it claim to abide by some continental rule about pure ingredients?

Maybe it's jsut after 8-10 pints of it mixed with multiple blue /green /red coloured shooters ANYBODY would turn into a roaring, raging street fighting man.

I drink Stella as I like it. The bitter taste is appealing and even after a skinfull I dont want to fight.

ETA - an observation the OP has been on the forum this afternoon yet has not seen it appropriate to respond to this thread -

I'll come in here thanks..

Seeing as i'm the original poster. I'll make an observation. I made the post lastnight, and truth be told i regretted it straight away. Whether i have a drink problem is for me and my doctor to decide.

I edited the post 30 mins after umming and ahhing.

Moreover, i have been busting my proverbial at FTC in leeds today, located in the city exchange in the city centre. Its opposite Wilkinsons.

I have professional exams coming up, so i have not been on the net 24/7 like some people.

If someone wants to come see me face to face and have a discussion about my drinking problem i'm happy to do it. You know where i'll be tonight

Moreover, the reason i deleted it was also due to the fact that certain people on this forum dont really like me. And admitting i may have a drinking problem would be weakness.

And thanks to the guys who pm'ed me lastnight. They saw my post before i edited it.

. And admitting i may have a drinking problem would be weakness.
Anyone that genuinely admits to having a drink problem is not weak.

John

I have been away from the forum for ages basically because I have been working stupid hours and I don't get time to post anymore. I have lost nearly 2 stone since the middle of August purely down to the fact that I dont have time to sleep, I dont have time to eat but I am drinking between 1 and 2 bottles of wine every night.

I have been getting between 6 and 2 hours sleep a night since August and to be honest I am like a zombie and the only way I can unwind is to drink.
Work is a huge problem at the minute, my family life is non existent and my wife hates me so drinking is my little way out of it all.
Believe me if there was another way I would take it but at the moment there isn't.

Yes I do have a drink problem and next week my life gets a whole lot easier so I will address the problem then.
Everyone has just been waiting for me to have a breakdown and to be honest the type of person I am and the drinking has I think saved me.
I now feel sorry for people who become alcoholics etc whereas before I would probably ridiculed them.
Oh yeah and next week I'll probably be back on here more annoying certain people;)

Anyone that genuinely admits to having a drink problem is not weak.

John

Quite the opposite I'd have thought!

Oh, my drink of choice is Stella, very closely followed by Bombay Sapphire. I can get very caned on both, but to date (there's an invite for trouble :eek: ) Never had any blistering rows/fights through either. I drink arguably more than I should . . . TBC. Wor lass is moaning I'm 'On the bl00dy computer again' :rolleyes: :devil:

Will edit this later, just because I can :p

Believe me if there was another way I would take it but at the moment there isn't.
Believe me when I say there is a better way. You are a sensible mature person that over the years we have all come to know and RESPECT.

I have NEVER met anyone that has found the answer at the bottom of a bottle

pm sent

Yours sincerely
John

I have been away from the forum for ages basically because I have been working stupid hours and I don't get time to post anymore. I have lost nearly 2 stone since the middle of August purely down to the fact that I dont have time to sleep, I dont have time to eat but I am drinking between 1 and 2 bottles of wine every night.

I have been getting between 6 and 2 hours sleep a night since August and to be honest I am like a zombie and the only way I can unwind is to drink.
Work is a huge problem at the minute, my family life is non existent and my wife hates me so drinking is my little way out of it all.

Yes I do have a drink problem and next week my life gets a whole lot easier so I will address the problem then.
Everyone has just been waiting for me to have a breakdown and to be honest the type of person I am and the drinking has I think saved me.
I now feel sorry for people who become alcoholics etc whereas before I would probably ridiculed them.
Oh yeah and next week I'll probably be back on here more annoying certain people;)

reading this it sounds more like you have a work/life problem and you are using drink as a damper to ease stresses and consequently next week you will hopefully not need to address your drinking as the need will wain.

I like (and not mixed or at the same time)

- Jack Daniels
- Magners
- Hoegaarden

As aside Donza and Marcos I hope your able to look beyond the drink and get back enjoying what life has to offer.

Both very brave people to admit / suggest you perhaps drink a tad too much. I would think speaking / sharing helps.

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom