Drive/serpentine belt query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

felixmc

Car
E220
Hi, I've recently purchased an 07 E220 (love it!) and see the drive belt is a little worn (see pic). The car is <2k shy of its 104k service so I was wondering if I should wait to replace the belt as part of service or do immediately?

When doing the 104K service is there anything I should ask them to specifically check for gremlin wise? Have no reason to suspect something hiding, just want to be sure it's solid. Many thanks.

Merc_Serpentine.jpg

Merc_Belt_Crack.jpg

Excellent, thanks guys. Good to know a rough cost too. Cheers.

Replace the tensioner and pulleys at the same time. Peace of mind.

Too many cracks for my liking, deffos need a change, belts around £20 - £25 approx

Changed my belt idlers and tensioner with gates on c230 v6 looks very similar belt layout cost about 75 pounds delivered in a gates kit will post the shops name when I find the receipt

Just changed mine at 7 years old/108k miles. 3 litre V6 diesel. It was cracked just like yours. All pulleys were fine so just the belt at £27.

That belt has never been changed in a LONG time possibly ever! Which casts a slight shadow on how well this car has been serviced? Something to bear in mind. Here's a video of how to change the serpentine belt+ idler +tensioner. If just changing the belt its a 15 minute job tops with the right tools. The guy refers to a "drift" pin to lock the tensioner when the belt is removed --its best described at a "locking" pin You car may have slightly different bolt heads but the principles are the same
[YOUTUBE HD]iPkRdudwK8M[/YOUTUBE HD]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom