Drive Shafts required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
Help

I need to get two drive shafts for my C55 estate. I have tried e-bay, Google, Mercland, Dronsfields etc with no joy.

The part number is: A 203 350 4456

These are also used on the CLK500 & the CLK55

If anybody knows where I can get a pair of these please could you get in touch.

FYI: Both shafts have ruptured CV boots and one shaft has been cut down (don't ask why) at the wheel end. The CV boots are not replaceable. SO I was hoping to find a breaker.

the boots are replaceable on the 124 series cars and also one of the joints is available to buy as a seperate item.

I cannot believe the boots are not available seperately from Merc.

Did you give your full VIN to Merc parts person ?

the boots are replaceable on the 124 series cars and also one of the joints is available to buy as a seperate item.

I cannot believe the boots are not available seperately from Merc.

Did you give your full VIN to Merc parts person ?

Yes MB confirm that the boots are not available on these shafts. The shafts are rare as rocking horse poop, as are C55 AMG's for breaking.

Good news is it looks like I have found a CLK500. Just getting the chassis number checked now for a parts match. Fingers crossed.

Merc don't sell replacement boots, generally, prefering complete replacement.

If you measure the diameter at each end of the boots, its quite easy to buy replacement silicon or neoprene stretch boots and a boot "cone".

cut the old boot off, place cone over universal joint / hub and slide on new boot using a little lubricant (Universal joint grease), put on new clips (normally supplied with boot.

quick and simple (unlike me, slow and simple)

===========

Why does everybody on tinternet know I'm fat, bald and impotent...... who's been talkin???????????

All

Thank you for the interest and suggestions. I looked at universal boots. But as one shaft is damaged (cut down) and needs replacing and both have knackered boots it seemed best to try and get a replacement pair. Cost is the reason for going down the breakers route.

I have looked it up at work and found the same as others and only have boots listed. Sorry pal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom