Driver Charged for splashing School Kids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Welcome someone to do that to the kids that hang around in our slightly recessed entrance. They wait for the school bus there, after a trip to the local shop, and I have picked up most of the items that they sell. One or two post their rubbish through the post box also.

Final straw was when they started buzzing the gate button. Had words and told them next time there would be no warning, just a bucket of water coming over the gate. That game stopped dead.

The kids in that video where waiting there hoping to be splashed.

Guy needs to be prosecuted .................... for being silly enough to post such a video...

lol, not condoning it but I can see the funny side of that!:D

Welcome someone to do that to the kids that hang around in our slightly recessed entrance. They wait for the school bus there, after a trip to the local shop, and I have picked up most of the items that they sell. One or two post their rubbish through the post box also.

Final straw was when they started buzzing the gate button. Had words and told them next time there would be no warning, just a bucket of water coming over the gate. That game stopped dead.

Oh to live in a refined area such as yours....

Where I live that would result in all kinds of child induced mayhem :eek:

They were waiting at a bus stop, which is what people normally do. Hope she gets a long driving ban and he gets a large bill for the kids cloths.

Why blame the kids when there are such stupid obnoxious adults on the road?

They were waiting at a bus stop, which is what people normally do. Hope she gets a long driving ban and he gets a large bill for the kids cloths.

Why blame the kids when there are such stupid obnoxious adults on the road?

I'm not blaming the kids, but they stood there quite deliberately wanting to be drenched.

I'm not blaming the kids, but they stood there quite deliberately wanting to be drenched.

so when my daughter was waiting at the bus stop today ,she was asking to be soaked? i think not and im pretty sure if they had soaked her they would have become thugs!!

so when my daughter was waiting at the bus stop today ,she was asking to be soaked? i think not and im pretty sure if they had soaked her they would have become thugs!!

Was she standing on the edge of a kerb, right next to a great big puddle?

That video, stupid on all sides, was set-up.

^ Agreed. They were all standing with their backs to the road, in full expectation...

I didn't realise that this was illegal ..

I'm going to have to find some other way of amusing myself over the winter now ;):D

EDIT :- Just watched the video ..... am i a bad person for laughing at it ? :)

Last edited:
According to a post on Pistonheads the kids at this bus stop egg drivers on and know what is coming. I believe it anyway, because I read it on t'internet!

I didn't realise that this was illegal ..

I'm going to have to find some other way of amusing myself over the winter now ;):D

EDIT :- Just watched the video ..... am i a bad person for laughing at it ? :)

Nope, even the mother and daughter laughed when interviewed. :D

Soaking pedestrians has always been a well-publicised offence .

I can't comment on the 'authenticity' of this , or whether it might have been staged for 'You've Been Splashed' , but if the video was running in 'real time' I got the impression that the car was being driven rather fast for the circumstances , looked to me to be more than 30 mph and I wonder what the speed limit on that road was ? It would be easy to calculate the speed based on time elapsed between two known points .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom