Driver door lock failing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rerh

Car
GL320
My car's driver door locks with the central locking from the key fob. However, if you pull the door handle to its full extent, the door bolt pops up and you can open the door. The alarm goes off but it's still a big worry. My car is a GL 320 (07 plate). Has anyone else come across the same problem / identified how to fix it?
Many thanks for any thoughts / suggestions.

You don't have keyless entry by any chance?

My father's Landcruiser does something like this, and I've seen a Mondeo do it too; if you've got the keys with you the door unlocks on touching the handle.
So if you lock the door, then test the handle it unlocks the car again.

Try leaving the keys inside, then going to open the car; you might find it won't unlock on touch.

You don't have keyless entry by any chance?

My father's Landcruiser does something like this, and I've seen a Mondeo do it too; if you've got the keys with you the door unlocks on touching the handle.
So if you lock the door, then test the handle it unlocks the car again.

Try leaving the keys inside, then going to open the car; you might find it won't unlock on touch.

i dont think so, alrhough only had car 3 weeks n never noticed. will give it a shot

so ive tried locking with fob and leaving keys in house. went to pull handle and it unlocks :( any ideas people before i book it in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom