Driver Robot, any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
Hi Techies!

I'm having a few teething problems (main issue being getting pictures from phone to computer) with my new Samsung i8910 phone (I think it's excellent though) and I need to update the firmware.

Whilst looking for the latest firmware update I came across Driver Robot and they have what I need to update the phone.

Is it one of those programs that will take over my computer or do you think it is a product worth having?

Any advice gratefully recieved.

Many Thanks.

Paul.

The software that came with your phone should have the relevant drivers to enable you to set the phone's memeory to removable storage in the pc. This will allow you to "drag and drop" files to and from the phone memory. You can then just pick the image files you want from the memory...under DCIM/Images or something similar. The following link will take you to the software you need to install to enable synchronisation between your phone and pc. You should've got a CD though!!

Download Center SAMSUNG

Let me know how you get on with this.

The software that came with your phone should have the relevant drivers to enable you to set the phone's memeory to removable storage in the pc. This will allow you to "drag and drop" files to and from the phone memory. You can then just pick the image files you want from the memory...under DCIM/Images or something similar. The following link will take you to the software you need to install to enable synchronisation between your phone and pc. You should've got a CD though!!

Download Center SAMSUNG

Thanks Mark.

I have installed the software from the CD but it is a little buggy in that when sending pics from phone to pc the phone disconnects.

When I try to update the phone through the utility on the Samsung PC suite I get the message "the phone is not connected" :crazy:

If we look at the last page of this thread a similar thing is being discussed with Corned.

I'm wondering wether to uninstall and then re-install the software from the CD and see how things go from there.

It is a fabulous phone apart from this small problem with transfering pictures.

Download Center SAMSUNG

Thanks Mark, the download did fix the connection problem, although it then took about an hour to bluetooth around 60 images and 7 short videos from phone to PC.

As far as DRIVER ROBOT is concerned I get slightly concerned when I see video driver and motherboard driver listed among the drivers it may download. Make a mistake with either and you can end up with a "dead" computer or at least one that needs some skilled intervention to get it operational again. I like to know exactly what driver I am downloading and where its coming from before an install. Often the manufacturers sites have lots of documentation of what to look out for before implementing a new driver.

Re the last post--its almost always best to uninstall a previous program version before updating to the latest version-- if the software manufacturer supplies an uninstall utility use that in preference to the windows uninstaller.

Re the last post--its almost always best to uninstall a previous program version before updating to the latest version-- if the software manufacturer supplies an uninstall utility use that in preference to the windows uninstaller.

Many thanks Graeme, I think I'll do just that and see if things speed up.

Thank you

This is interesting topic and gave many good post. It is very useful and informative. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom