Driver silver keyless go door handle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ultrarep

Car
E250 AMG Sport Estate S212
Hi all if anyone has knowledge if the whereabouts of a good used drivers keyless go door handle in silver for a 2004 S211 i have cash waiting.

Yes i know its a long shot but if you dont ask its a definate no!
:thumb:

They're not that expensive brand new - I think I paid £135+vat brand new from MB - comes factory painted to your car's colour and being genuine parts you should get a 2-year warranty.

Used parts would probably not last very long being that the failure rate is quite high on these.

Will

Same, I think I got mine for about 125 ish.

MB even painted it in a designo pearl colour for 30 lol.

I do actually have a dark grey ish pearl coloured one but it doesn't work :) I did a write up on mercedes owners forum quite some time ago about what goes faulty and how to fix them, same user ID.

It's one screw to replace - literally five minutes and a Torx 20 driver are all you need.

The rear handles are a tiny bit more fiddly - you just need a longer (200mm or so) Torx 20. Has to be a slim Torx 20 screwdriver type - there's no enough room for a regular multi-bit set etc.

Will

That's the one, I like tinkering and thought I would succeed in fixing it, but I might add it lasted about two months in the winter then gave up again, so I just bought a new one.

I still have the old one here, I was tempted to take it apart and find a better way to fix it but never got around to it.

Ultrarep, just beware that you have to cut the handle to bits, and try to glue it all back together with epoxy and silicone in places (to let it flex). If you are going to do this be prepared to destroy the handle, but then if it needs a new one anyway..

Holy moly... I think I will just get a new one from Mercedes... Thumbs up for the DIY effort.

Thanks guys. Took it appart at the weekend and its definately TU.
Good to see how it comes appart and works and is easy to get off so will get a new one on order when it. Ot norking really gets to me.

Thanks for all the advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom