Driver training at Carlimits

• Thread starter Deleted upon users own request member 138506
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted upon users own request member 138506

I've booked in at CarLimits for one of their Airfield Driver Training Days in October. Maybe I should've asked before booking but has anyone here had experience with them - any feedback welcomed.

Reactions: 219
I haven’t myself, but a couple of mates have. They said they enjoyed it, but felt they didn’t learn that much. I’ve done a limit of grip course at Milbrook with Cat Driver Training with one of the same mates. We both thought that was great, and learned a lot

I haven’t myself, but a couple of mates have. They said they enjoyed it, but felt they didn’t learn that much. I’ve done a limit of grip course at Milbrook with Cat Driver Training with one of the same mates. We both thought that was great, and learned a lot
Thanks, If I have a good day and enjoy it then it'll be worth it. The days training isn't too expensive and will be a good introduction for me if nothing else. If I learn something it'll be a bonus. The driver training courses and facilities at Millbrook do look more professional from their website but are reflected in the costs. I'll see how it goes before spending serious ££.

I did a full day at Millbrook (banked circle, race track, alpine track, skid pan etc) with one on one training. Not cheap but 8 hours of intensive personalised training. Great facilities there!

I've done a day at North Weald in my old 911 , great fun and well worth it . Once you've done one you can book more advanced training if you feel you need it.
You will spin.. alot so I hope your tyres are old ;)

This is a little vid of me remembering what to do when the back of my 911 stepped out on a wet track :eek:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've done a day at North Weald in my old 911 , great fun and well worth it . Once you've done one you can book more advanced training if you feel you need it.
You will spin.. alot so I hope your tyres are old ;)

This is a little vid of me remembering what to do when the back of my 911 stepped out on a wet track :eek:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Watched some of your Goodwood laps too from your YT link. Going pretty well. You looked to be doing 1.35-1.37 laps. Pretty good. 1.30 round there is my benchmark for people who are properly quick, so not far off the money. If you are there again I’ll give you some pointers. ;) Couple of places you can make up time. It’s my local track - I’ve done over a thousand laps there. My best mate is one of their instructors

Watched some of your Goodwood laps too from your YT link. Going pretty well. You looked to be doing 1.35-1.37 laps. Pretty good. 1.30 round there is my benchmark for people who are properly quick, so not far off the money. If you are there again I’ll give you some pointers. ;) Couple of places you can make up time. It’s my local track - I’ve done over a thousand laps there. My best mate is one of their instructors
Cheers ... the first one was organised on here by Savman?? , wow 2012! That was my first time there , in fact I've only been twice.. as you can see I've never been the last of the late brakers :)
It was hard work hustling an old car with no driver aids or power steering , torsion bar suspension and a boat anchor out the back around a track but rewarding when it all came together..
Its sold now and my current car is in no way sporty so track days are currently off the cards ... wafting about in an auto with the roof off is where I'm at at the mo :cool:

Nice save that, not a lot of run off at druids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom