Drivers door button

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Reggies

Car
C180 Elegance 1995
I am having trouble with locking the doors with the key fob, so I press the door button down the close the doors.
The problem is on all the doors except the drivers door I can just press the button down but my drivers door it will not let me do this until the door is closed.
Is the a way round this, if I push in the door closer with my finger I can put the button down but door will not close.

Can you not use the mechanical key blade in the driver's door lock?

If there is no key hole in the driver’s door then there is no way to lock that door from the outside, except via the remote.

What type of remote/s fob do you have?
Will all doors lock from the door locking switch on the dashboard if the ignition is on?

Dec

Door fob will not work but the key works on the passenger side only, will have to put up with locking it from the rear.

If there is no key hole in the driver’s door then there is no way to lock that door from the outside, except via the remote.

What type of remote/s fob do you have?
Will all doors lock from the door locking switch on the dashboard if the ignition is on?

Dec

I wasn't aware that some MB models didn't have the keyhole. How would such a door be opened in a flat battery situation?

I am having trouble with locking the doors with the key fob, so I press the door button down the close the doors.
The problem is on all the doors except the drivers door I can just press the button down but my drivers door it will not let me do this until the door is closed.
Is the a way round this, if I push in the door closer with my finger I can put the button down but door will not close.

Open the back door , close drivers door , reach in back door opening and press driver's door button , all doors will lock , close back door ... remember you just left key in ignition :wallbash:

I wasn't aware that some MB models didn't have the keyhole. How would such a door be opened in a flat battery situation?

Passenger door has keyhole to lock / unlock the passenger door only.

Dec

Door fob will not work but the key works on the passenger side only, will have to put up with locking it from the rear.

ZQPqFKa9JG8EAOs2bAulMgG_voJij0CX7b7zPfLllLY=w887-h665-no

If the remote key fob is faulty, it can be repaired.
If the vacuum pump in the boot is faulty it can also be repaires or replaced with a used one from ebay.

Examples… https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_...2+centeral+locking++vacuum+pump+1995&_sacat=0

Dec

Door locking switch is dead.
Drivers door lock has a chunk of red plastic in the lock, it looks like it is meant to be there.
The key fob is bound up with tape, I removed the tape and car will not start, I put new tape on and car starts.
I can not make out why the button when the door is open I can not push down but after I close the door it go's down and locks.
It is a little trouble locking and opening but as the car is 22 years old, I will keep a look out for a second hand lock.
Thanks for the reply's.

The chuck of red plastic in the door lock my be a protective plug, helps stop the lock seizing with crud..

Door locking switch, when pressed, runs the vacuum pump in the boot, as it doesn’t lock the doors then the vacuum pump is not working.
The remote fob button, when pressed, would open the doors, if the vacuum pump were in working order and would also disarm the immobilise, from what you say it sounds as if the remote fob is in very poor condition, you should replace the shell case with a new one from Amazone or ebay, example here… https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_s...1+Button+for+Mercedes-Benz&tag=amazon0e9db-21

Also… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DM1OXI8/

If you get another remote fob case, ensure you are getting one that matches the one you have on the inside.

You would transfer the innards and the key blade of the old remote into the new shell.
The remote button, when pressed, either disarms or arms the immobiliser so it’s important the case and button are in good condition.

When the drivers door is slammed shut, the door lock mechanism is “cocked” which enables the button to drop down, the button can’t drop down until the lock is “cocked” by slamming the drivers door shut.
There is a Red and a Green LED in door handle, Red flashes when locking with remote fob and Green flashes when unlocking.

See here… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgI08rzcHzU

Dec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom