Drivers Door Rattle W209 cab

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

topdown

Car
E500
Recently there is a 'rattle' from the drivers door (CLK w209 cab). I have checked for any loose items and it goes away if I lower the window a fraction. Seems to be coming from middle of the window as it meets the door trim. Any tips and instructions to remove the door card would be appreciated. Turning up the radio does mask it :)

I had something like this on my 209 cab. I had an indie take a look and he prised off a bung on the underside of the door and tightened the window runners which fixed it and no door card removal!

I didn't see what he exactly did so cant give much in the way of details but he did say that they frequently loosen and then from the play the window "rattles" in the runners.

Hope this helps

Thanks sjmaxwell.

I removed the biungs and got access to the window runners but they were tight. There appears to be more play out / in on the drivers window than the passengers, this is with the dor switch held in so the window is fully closed. It may be the top window runners are loose.

If any one has some instructions in removing the door card please let me know. I am keen to ensure that it is remove and re-installed without any bits getting broken.

A happy new year when it comes - to all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom