Drivers electric window

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pbaron

Car
94' C280
Hi fellas

Just wondering if someone can confirm something for me. My drivers elec window has stopped working (all the rest work) i have checked the wiring and the connector that fits to the motor does have power when the switch is used.

Does this now mean the motor is goosed, and where can i get one of these without it costing a fortune

Cheers

Paul

HI Paul, am having trouble with my windows also, long story but keeping it short, i first tried the fuses for the widows according to the book, they were ok, confused i went to auto electric man and he cleaned and replaced a fuse which had nothing to with windows and they all worked fine, now thismorning the o/s front does not work, am going to check the switch, will swap them over to see what happens, let me know how you get on and i will do the same. Regards Rob

Hi mate

My passenger window also stopped but that was the fuse in the boot. Drivers still doesnt work even though i also tried swapping the switches over and they are fine.

Also tested there was power to the connecter that fits onto the motor in the door and that was fine so i can only assume its the motor,

Mmmm bloody hot outside aswell

For some stupid reason my window has started to work again, don't ask why , idon't know, wonder if its the hot weather, the same thing happened to a Ford Granada i had once, it was left out in very hot sun all day and when i turned ignition on the windows went down, hadn't even touched the buttons. What ever happened to good old fashioned handles.

Robert, I'd take a look at the wiring where it runs from the door pillar into the door, slide the rubber sleeve back and check for any cracking or wear - replacing a couple of inches of wire has rescued windows on both our W123 and W124

Andy

Thanks Andy, will have a look this weekend, if i'm not working and watching the Grand Prix, see you i hope Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom