Drivers side ball joint

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisRed63

Car
Mercedes E320 CDI
Hi,
not sure if anyone can help me, I need to replace the drivers side ball joint on my 2004 (53 plate) E320 CDi.

I was hoping for some advice on this & if possible where best to source parts for this job from.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Which one buddy, upper? Lower or the (torque arm) i did the front lower torque arms on my s211

Not sure on your model but, if it's the lower one you'll need to undo the nut & then look at the notch in the bolt, drift the bolt out & replace in the sam eposition so as to retain the correct camber.

D

Hi - thank you for the responses & sorry for the delay responding.
Lower ball joint
E320 CDI Saloon 2004
any recommendations where to source the parts
Not on the arms, on the joint if that makes any sense

lemforder from euro car parts - £ 23 ish .... if its the big one in the hub . I just had mine done the other day , it had to be cut out , drilled out , pressed out , heated out . lol . must of been the original ,11 years later .

Part No.: 617220425

Last edited:
Done mine last year... It's a bugger to get out... Got my ball joint from Mercedes.

Done mine last year... It's a bugger to get out... Got my ball joint from Mercedes.

With the right kit it's easy! Must admit though I could of used 2 pairs of hands when doing it on the drive. Got my ball joint remover off eBay and it's like a large g clamp.

With the right kit it's easy! Must admit though I could of used 2 pairs of hands when doing it on the drive. Got my ball joint remover off eBay and it's like a large g clamp.

Used a ball joint remover kit + impact gun + my cousin lol... Still a bugger to get out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom