drivers side door mirror , 124

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Braincrank

Car
Mercedes 200E
Hello,
I'm after a black drivers side door mirror for my 124, it's a manual one with the little adjustment lever . Someone whacked it some time ago and it's not adjustable any more.
I do need the adjustment lever too if possible
Thanks !

ForumRunner_20160220_110225.jpg

Just replaced my lever .I went to go out a few weeks back and the mirror was not in the usual place to view the rear of the car , so i went to adjust it and it broke off in my hand .Look on Ebay you can get the arms from Germany only place i found did them .Whats gone wrong with yours ?

Braincrank go to ebay put in the search box 221631002188 price for the part is £12 98 .Seams a lot for a small part, but to get this, is cheaper than another mirror that might not be as good exterior wise as yours so well worth repairing it .But if other parts have gone in yours might be quicker to purchase a second hand one.By the way check yours and see if the mirror is in the plastick cup . .My cup had been pushed back inside the holder the mirror seats in . Then you will then need to pull it back in to the seating .The holder as four prongs on it that clips in to the back plate.If it as gone in to the holder you wont adjust it .

A couple of years ago some drunk blokes came tumbling down our road and one bumped into the mirror. Ever since the mirror casing was pointing down a bit but i could still adjust the mirror itself by hand. Now suddenly its got stuck (luckily in the right position for me, but not for my wife) .
The little adjust lever was broken off ever since i got the car so i thought i might as well get it all fixed now that i have to sort the mirror out.
I'll have a look on ebay, thanks for the part no.

As you can see, the plastik frame/cover is broken a bit and the whole thing looks a bit worse for wear .
Might have to get both sides from the same car to have them matching.
The passenger side is electronic adjustable.

ForumRunner_20160221_214101.jpg

Last edited:
You need to remove it The top part of the pivot for the mirror , the part inside get broken off .So best way would be to pick up another mirror .Keep looking on the forum i had mine from here .A gent was scraping one , so i had one from him . Give it a good greasing before you fit it on.The 190E mirrors are the same .

Im going to tackle it tomorrow when im off. If i can adjust it so that the missus can see clearly (she's got shorter legs than i ) it will buy me some time ☺

Have you tried the usual suspects? 3 pointed parts, W124 parts , Neil R on here.

Pretty simple to get colour coded once you have one.

Threepointedparts hasnt got any in at the mo /-:
Cant see any on ebay .
Am still looking ....

Checked mercman but they dont seem to come with the bracket . I need the whole lot .
Had a good look at it today and its the mechanism inside that broken , thats why the mirror frame is hanging down a bit .

Brain just located a chap brakeing a 190e .Its on another forum i am on .Posted a wanted advert up on there.They are the same as ours i just fitted one on my w124 so i know they will fit . Your care is rare in the fact its a 200e not many around .

Would you like a good site to help you find problems out on your car ? try it out name is -
PelicanParts you will find it through Google search .
On the home page, look up top ,and you will see a spaner with Tech info click on it pick you model of mercedes and scroll down. Good information for you .

A chap on 190 forum as one in silver but fully automatic in that i mean its electrical no good for your car as it as no electric feed and no switch to operate it.

One on ebay number -331791328373 price £ 27.99 and £3.99 post ,and you can give the seller an offer. These are hard to find, i know i looked for ages,,, pleanty near side ones, but drivers side are like gold .Not the same colour but you can swap over the covers. I came across one in my garage with broken adjuster in it and needs paint in one place . Would be faster to get one complete, dont you think.The adjusters are not to be found in the uk .I had mine fron Germany.

Thanks a million, will check it out shortly.
Been preoccupied lately with work and now having to find a new place to live since landlady is selling up .... Stress....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom