Drivers side Electric Windows, Mirror, Seats All not working!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RicardoLondon

Car
CLK500
Hi MBCluber's

I searched everywhere for help before posting here.

This is my first post, I have a CLK500 A great car and engine however I broke the driver’s window switch (Pulled it too hard) and then the problems gradually began.

I never had a new switch fitted because the drivers window would still go down/up if I just tipped the switch. However a few months later all the window switches plus mirrors and electric seat stopped working but would start working again about 5-10 min later.

Then just before I went on holiday on opening the car door the window would drop down and I had to wait 30 mins before it would let me put it back up again(mm by mm) then when I came back from holiday the battery was flat.

On return I had the drivers electric windows switch unit replaced however still nothing works on the drivers side; windows, mirror, door lock, seat. I checked all the fuses and they all seem fine?

I guess somthing is causing the drivers window, mirror, seat and lock to fail.... what would be the common fail point; Power, earth... I'm stumped...:(

Please any ideas would be highly appreciated before I head to the stealers.

Desperate MB owner!

Last edited:
windows, door lock and mirror all controlled by a control unit on the door itself.. these do fail... or it could be the power to this unit that has failed.. sometimes the wires break at the door hinge area.

Seat is probably unrelated?

windows, door lock and mirror all controlled by a control unit on the door itself.. these do fail... or it could be the power to this unit that has failed.. sometimes the wires break at the door hinge area.

Seat is probably unrelated?

Memory seats plug into the same door module.

Hello if i can be of any help give me a call

Mobile Mercedes Diag/Repairs 0779977 3232

In and around central and south west london

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom