Drivers window closes too far

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snoopstar

Car
CLK230 Cabriolet
Hi all,

My drivers side front window on my 230 CLK Cabrio (2000) seems to have started closing too far. I noticed when I started finding the door difficult to close and the window not laying flat against the rear window seal. This leaves a gap between the two windows until I open and close the drivers window.

It appears that the drivers window is coming up too far, further than the passenger window. It hits the front roof seal when I shut the door rather than slip under it and it also appears not to drop as far as the passenger side. The windows have the comfort option

I have tried the 10 - 15 second reset holding it in the up and down positions but that hasn't helped. I have also tried adjusting the screws inside the door on the window mechanism but it still travels all the way up until it bangs into mechanical stops with a clunk. The passenger side doesn't make any noise when closing, appearing to stop before any mechanical contact.

Any ideas?

Mine did this on my CLK cab , on the passenger window.

You can ask your local indy to sychronise the windows via his STAR machine ( might work ) or the other thing is a new window motor . The motor counts the teeth that go past it when it is rising or falling , if the motor develops a fault it counts one too many ( or too few ) ....

I learned to live with it because window motors are expensive. ;)

Is there no physical stop.?

If not, what's ITEM 23.

I can't see the motor being either a stepper motor or having an encoder and how does it sense home position.?

Isn't it just a standard motor with current overload facility for switching off when the limit is reached.

Thanks Howard. I do have an AA warranty on it so I may have to look into that to see if it's somethign that might be covered.

Dieselman, it certainly sounds like it's hitting a physical stop at its full closed height. It has a mechanical clunk rather than just stopping like the other 3 windows. That's why I was thinking it might be a software / electronic sequencing type problem. Or maybe rather more hoping.

Only relaying what Olly told me when we looked at mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom