Drivers window dropped and won’t move

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dizz

Car
CLK320 (w209)
2005 CLK
Drivers window dropped as usual as I opened the door but won’t return to its closed position, also window switch/mirrors and drivers seat are dead but passenger side window is working ok.
So I’m now worried as if it rains the window is still open.
Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can’t remember but there may be a process for this. Ie disconnect the battery or hold 2 window buttons up at same time for 10 seconds , sorry can’t remember what I done , I think there is too many items for it to be under one fuse but you could check.

I checked fuses 21+22 (in the dash fuse box) and also switched their positions to no avail

Is all the switch’s on drivers door or is the seat switch’s on the seat

Is all the switch’s on drivers door or is the seat switch’s on the seat

All on the door

74ce27b2ba79a18b7d449cd348a4a7a2.jpg

Anyway you can pop switch out and try changing passengers window wires over to the drivers window switch as a start to see if that puts window up.

Anyway you can pop switch out and try changing passengers window wires over to the drivers window switch as a start to see if that puts window up.
All on the door

74ce27b2ba79a18b7d449cd348a4a7a2.jpg

Will swap switches on Saturday.
Checked all relevant fuses and all were fine.
Don’t know if it’s linked but the battery is now struggling to start the car, is the battery causing the problem or is the problem draining the battery?

Since you’ve lost all electrical functions on one door (if I understand you correctly), look for the common factor. Given it’s a door, and the drivers door, it’s likely opened and closed a few times so investigate the cable bundle that flexes every time the door opens and closes. Good chance you will find one or more broken wires in that bundle. Could even be as simple as a single ground wire broken causing all the issues. Lowering (or more likely trying to raise) the window could have been the last straw for a partially broken wire.

^^^^^^ exactly this is i would check first if fuses arent blown

Battery was changed today as it was showing only 30% of its capacity.
Now the passenger rear window has.died too and the rears are stuck 100mm down,.
Off to the garage I go!

Just had it on a diagnostic (not star) and it couldn’t read the drivers door at all.
I’m off to ‘Command’ in lightwater to see what they think it could be.

Short term fix [emoji3]
11a57a9807199cc6c2848492833ac02c.jpg

To paraphrase Homer Simpson, 'is there nothing gaffer tape can't do??'

Nice one!!

UPDATE,,,',

payed a visit to ‘Comand’ in Lightwater Last week and they put it on their diagnostics and initially found they couldn’t read the drivers door module.
During the testing the module reported briefly showed a low voltage error before shutting down again.
Voltage was checked going into the module and found to be correct.
So it seemed 99% sure it was the module playing up, the part from MB was over £400! and the chaps at Comand suggested looking on EBay, I found several for sale with the correct part number and bought one for £55!
Today I returned to Comands workshop with the second hand module and I’m happy to say all is working again as it should, to say I’m relieved would be an understatement [emoji3]
So thanks to Becky and the team at Comand for looking after me and my broken Mercedes, I can wholeheartedly recommend ‘Comand’ if your having electric problems.

This is the offending module
e972bc307ab6008e434851ae4408ae32.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom