Drivers window playing up randomly e350 coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Isa0324

Car
E350d coupe
Hi, not sure if I have posted this on the right section.

I’m stressing out as it’s a few days before me driving abroad got the euro shuttle booked for Friday evening.

2-3 months ago. The two front windows ( drivers and passengers ) played up and went up higher than they should of ( it’s a coupe ) and couldn’t close the doors. Sorted it out after switching the car on and off two times.

Today 3 hours ago. the drivers side was half way open. Went to close it. Would not move up or down . Again issue sorted itself after me switching car on and off twice and give it a little push up ( the window) jumped back in car. Turned it on and worked again and has been since ...

Now I’m stressed as I’m driving abroad and don’t want it to happen to me in the middle of Europe. Shall I try get it seen to ? Or was it a brain fart moment considering how electronic these things are.

my local Mercedes dealer won’t see me earliest appointment in September. As I have extended warranty.
The car is 2018.

I know of another independent garage but as mentioned above I don’t fancy paying for it considering I’m paying for extended warranty

thank you

It sounds like the windows didnt know their range, had the battery been disconnected before it happened?

Check my video on resetting windows, this might fix your issue (you have to teach the car the top and bottom of its window range):

From 09:02
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi, not sure if I have posted this on the right section.

I’m stressing out as it’s a few days before me driving abroad got the euro shuttle booked for Friday evening.

2-3 months ago. The two front windows ( drivers and passengers ) played up and went up higher than they should of ( it’s a coupe ) and couldn’t close the doors. Sorted it out after switching the car on and off two times.

Today 3 hours ago. the drivers side was half way open. Went to close it. Would not move up or down . Again issue sorted itself after me switching car on and off twice and give it a little push up ( the window) jumped back in car. Turned it on and worked again and has been since ...

Now I’m stressed as I’m driving abroad and don’t want it to happen to me in the middle of Europe. Shall I try get it seen to ? Or was it a brain fart moment considering how electronic these things are.

my local Mercedes dealer won’t see me earliest appointment in September. As I have extended warranty.
The car is 2018.

I know of another independent garage but as mentioned above I don’t fancy paying for it considering I’m paying for extended warranty

thank you
Hi , my car has the facility that I can hold the open button open on the key fob and all windows and sunroof open and close.

The function stopped and windows and sun roof stuck.

Took out key fob from ignition waited a couple of minutes and all OK.

Check out what KillerHertz said

It sounds like the windows didnt know their range, had the battery been disconnected before it happened?

Check my video on resetting windows, this might fix your issue (you have to teach the car the top and bottom of its window range):

From 09:02
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I personally have not disconnected the battery, might of been the dealer went I sent it into service /re-calibrating / or when they looked into my fuel tank when the hole would click after 5 litres thinking it was full.

I tried them steps , but where I read it- it said 10 seconds.
Shall I do it again at 5 seconds ?
Hopefully that’s the last of it .

it only happened briefly 2-3 months ago and again today and seems to sort itself out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom