Driveshaft part number

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cureforsanity

Car
91 W124 C230, 04 W639 Vito, 59 Cadillac Coupe, 89 Peugeot 205 Cti, 99 BMW 525i touring, 01 BMW 530d
Sorry if this is in the wrong section folks, I looked to see if I could see it in the other forums but I thought it a bit transmission-y

Anyway.

'91 W124 E230 coupe (C124) I am in need of an OSR drive shaft (I don't think they're handed) It's got ABS and it's a feeble auto but I can't see that it's got ASC or any other elastic trickery.

What I really could do with is a part number. I've tried the usual on line car boot sale etc and though it reckons it'll fit mine, I don't trust it as it also says it fits several other, bigger engined variants.

Also I've had a look at our Russian friends site but that's kinda equally confusing though I've narrowed it down to this A2103508410 or this A1293504010.

NOW, to add a little something else into the mix, my local scrapper has a very nice light blue example in with both shafts intact and will do them for £25 apiece if I remove them. You can tell there's going to be a 'but' here can't you?

Ok, BUT it's on the bottom of a stack of three with no wheels on so is somewhat buried. Added to that is the lack of engine, transmission, badging and number plates aren't making it easy for me to identify just what it was hiding under the front. I fear I could take one off this to find it won't fit so I'll end up paying twice.

Of course I can find it on Euro parts system at a not unreasonable £54ish but they're Q-drive examples and I've not heard good reports about them (what with all the power a 230 can muster and all), and I'd rather use MB original, but my numbers haven't come up on the lottery thus far so I can only afford used MB parts at the moment.

Can someone steer me in the right direction to a proper parts diagram in English with UK spec bits? (US ones only start at the E300 version.....)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom