Driveway Widening Letter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
From the photo it looks to me as though the existing drive/ crossover don't comply with that rule either...if they did, then the drain would already have been altered.

Without notice, the council started the driveway whilst I was at work.

I'm a bit puzzled with the placement of the corner stone and they have widened next doors as well ?

What do the jury make of this :

DSC04014_DxO_zps73fd8ab7.jpg

DSC04012_DxO_zpsd166410a.jpg

DSC03999_DxO_zps47198d8d.jpg

Have to wait till they finish, but I guess I will still have to look out for the corner of the kerbstone when reversing out - which was part of the point of having it done in the first place ?

Looks to me that as it stands the roadway gulley drain will be as much use as a chocolate teapot. The levels from the photo appear to show the drain being significantly higher than the surrounding area. You will either have a nice duckpond or a nice stream flowing at the end of your drive (depending on the gradient of the road).

I would be contacting the council - that corner kerb is in the wrong place.
Better if they put it right before putting the tarmac down

I would also ask if you are paying for the whole works including widening your neighbours verge/pavement crossing. Would not seem to be fair to have charged you for the whole works without having made you aware in advance.

I've cheekily sent the Councillor a text message asking him to call me. Be nice to have the kerbstone at the end of the kerb (like next door) before they (presumably) tarmac right across ?

Just doesn't seem right to me ? Drain is flush as well ?

I don't mind about next doors to be honest, makes the whole job look neat and I get on with them. Also gives them a bit more room to park illegally :)

Are you sure it's the Council contractor doing this work, or has your neighbour set a gang of Navvies onto it for cash?

A clue.

Steak and kidney ....
Lock and ....

I would be out with an wizer and get rid of that corner stone.

Are you sure it's the Council contractor doing this work, or has your neighbour set a gang of Navvies onto it for cash?

It's a driveway, so unless HS2 is running down his road, I doubt there were any Navvies involved;)

I could have given them a lot of cash instead of the council.

I should have bought two more W202s instead !

It's a driveway, so unless HS2 is running down his road, I doubt there were any Navvies involved;)

I doubt HS2 would be much good on a canal.

Navigators were the men that dug out the navigations.

I could have given them a lot of cash instead of the council.

I should have bought two more W202s instead !

Honestly, it's not a Council contractor or DLO has done that work, they are strict about what can be done and no way would point up a kerbstone with a mortar joint.

There's more to this than meets the eye - the round kerb is in conflict with the edging strips.

The drain is the problem as it's no longer being "fed" by the rainwater flowing down the road, other than by using the round kerb as a funnel.

I'd expect some comment/change by the contractors tomorrow.

Unless their horses actually are tied to the tree round the corner.

I'm at work tomorrow, so will be unable to talk (or offer tea) to any contractors . . .

If they move the corner stone, I will be happy.

If they move it after the tarmac has been laid and leave a patch, I'll be less happy.

Update tomorrow !

Weird!:crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom