Driveway Widening Letter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I would go back to the council and demand that they reissue their letter in PROPER ENGLISH!

There is no excuse for a council to be sending out this sort of rubbish to members of the public and is simply laziness on behalf of the person that wrote the letter
Problem is if he does that it'll just go to the bottom of the pile :wallbash:

Planners speak........there to confuse

There fixed that for you.;)

No you didn't, it didn't need a correction.

The term navvies is from when they dug the navigation, not from when they laid permanent way.
There is about 150 years between these events.

The term navvies is from when they dug the navigation, not from when they laid permanent way.

Correct, originally building canals I believe and navigating there route

Canals were started around 1750. Railways commenced around 1830. About 80 years by my reckoning.

Gentlemen, please, let's not confuse etymology with usage. COED defines navvy as "Labourer employed in excavating etc. for canals, railways, roads, etc."

Rang at 9 AM.

Call back at 9.10 AM.

Picture emailed soon after call.

Just got a call back to say works are to be stopped and 'there are a few things that aren't right'.

Fingers crossed . . .

Typical Council response would be to put it back to how it was in the beginning!

IMG_20130409_193031_zps45d724aa.jpg

Corner stone was put in the funny place to hold the drain and kerb stones in place whilst they set ?!

Next door saw the council guy turn up about 11 to stop the contractors from laying tarmac over the existing left over drive - they were ordered to remove remaining tarmac and level out.

Apparently contractors got the hump a bit, but are returning tomorrow to finish the complete drive in one coat :)

One of my edging stones has a chunk missing out of it, but I can over look that !

RESULT

That drain is not going to work in that position... surely it needs moving to the road...?

It has been raised, but agreed, it isn't going to work great.

I guess you can call them back if it doesn't work & large puddles form

The width of the crossover isnt equal to or greater than the width of the opening to your property ..... it is smaller.You will drive over the pavement if you access the right hand edge of your opening.
Doesnt that conflict with what the council originally said or will you reinstate part of the wall ?

There will a path to the front door eventually !

If I knew they were coming I would have moved my car far, far away and probably had the bricks cleared by grab lorry . . .

I'm happy I have plenty room to reverse now :)

Looks like that drain is not going to do a lot - water will flow passed your drive onto the next one it seems given the apparent decline of the road...

:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom