Driving a C63 fitted with Winter Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Found 1 last night, dont know what happened to the other 3, will keep looking

Hi newbie here, sorry to restart the thread again.

I've placed an order for C63 estate, hopefully october delivery :confused:

I know the rear drive cars are useless in winter so i am already considering winter tyres/wheels for winter driving.

I have a few questions(if its been answered before I apologise :doh: )

Would a set of std 18" wheels from C class fit on the C63 ?

Does owners simply swap the summer tyres to winter tyres using the same rim? And swap back in summer?

Read a post over in the us AMG forum, a 17" wheel will also also fit onto C63 ?

Lastly, does anyone actually uses their winter tyres all year round??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated?

Regards
Kin

Lastly, does anyone actually uses their winter tyres all year round??

I do on my 190E and more recently I've been using 4 season tyres on the wifes Volvo.

On a performance car like a C63 I wouldnt compromise, I'd buy a summer/winter wheel and tyre package direct from Mercedes as part of the deal. This would be a normal option in other countries in Europe.

Regarding running winter tyres all year round, while mine are outstanding in snow & ice in winter time and also really grippy on wet roads when the weather is warmer, they do not like warm dry roads and tend to slide very easily on roundabouts etc. You really need a spare set of wheels & swap them as the weather dictates.

Russ

I'd buy a summer/winter wheel and tyre package direct from Mercedes as part of the deal. This would be a normal option in other countries in Europe.
Just checked the Merc site, it'd appeared that they do not offer winter tyres package, apart from the Unimog !!! :eek:

Clearance over the calipers is really close on 18" wheels - I would be amazed if 17" fit.

S
Thanks Simon, so does that mean std 18" rim from say a 250CDI would go on a AMG then...?

Regarding running winter tyres all year round, while mine are outstanding in snow & ice in winter time and also really grippy on wet roads when the weather is warmer, they do not like warm dry roads and tend to slide very easily on roundabouts etc. You really need a spare set of wheels & swap them as the weather dictates.

Russ
Yes thanks, its rhetorical question, should have known better :doh:

FOR WINTER TYRES the maxim is the narrower the better [ up to a point obviously ;) ] and the highest aspect ratio tyre you can fit within the confines of maintaining rolling radius and a wheel diameter that won't foul anything such as brake callipers. You will also find some "favoured sizes" of winter tyres which will yield a greater choice. C63 winter tyres may be difficult to source but not impossible.

FOR WINTER TYRES the maxim is the narrower the better [ up to a point obviously ;) ] and the highest aspect ratio tyre you can fit within the confines of maintaining rolling radius and a wheel diameter that won't foul anything such as brake callipers. You will also find some "favoured sizes" of winter tyres which will yield a greater choice. C63 winter tyres may be difficult to source but not impossible.
Thanks Grober, for a nano sec. there.
I was entertaining the idea of fitting space saver at each corner, guarantee go anywhere, and very cheap :D

Its probably a bit early but anyway ive put them back on
Vreds 235/35 x 19 at the front & 265/30 x 19 at the rear :cool:

Only cause it has been mild Mika, this time last year they were needed. Had mine on for a 3 weeks but been travelling for 2 so car has been sat in the garage :-(, and yes I did miss driving it! The rumble was nice when I turned the key after 2 weeks of it sitting there :).

Its funny mate isn't it, you leave her alone for more than a week and miss her....its like having another kid ;)

Hope you are keeping well buddy and of course you too Mika:thumb:

Hey Benjy, all good here, hope same is true for you. Got my winter tyres and the winter has run away! See you soon. Maybe a meet at Brooklands sometime. Can you PM me a real email address please so I can send you something interesting ;-).
Kamal

Hey Benjy, all good here, hope same is true for you. Got my winter tyres and the winter has run away! See you soon. Maybe a meet at Brooklands sometime. Can you PM me a real email address please so I can send you something interesting ;-).
Kamal

Done mate!

wot r the best tyres suiting w124 e220??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom