Driving aids be turned off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fastcar155

MB Enthusiast
Car
A fast car
Hi , it's all to do with exhaust emissions , turn on your heater , engine works harder , etc etc.

I think the tablets are wearing off again....
Hi , seems to me that a reply has been moved !

Stop start technology has been around in motoring terms for decades.

I can remember that Audi had a system in early 1980s of a stop start system 100% of the time.

Can that be said today , I stand by my comment that current stop start systems don't work to make any real difference to emissions.

I conducted a test recently a a major cross roads ( 4 roads ) in my home town controlled by traffic lights.The test period was from 0800 hrs to 1200 hours on a dry sunny day.

The cycle time of the lights was two minutes.( Average)

The average numbers of cars per cycle was 9

I used a very accurate directional digital dB reader. I had worked out the dB level in conjunction to the position of the car to the junction when the engine restarts.

I backed this up with my hearing.

The information / data collected was conducted over a few days as it would have been difficult for me to continually do this over a 4 hour time span.

Believe me or not just go and stand by a traffic junction controlled by traffic lights and listen for yourself to car restarting.

I can remember that Audi had a system in early 1980s of a stop start system 100% of the time.

Can that be said today , I stand by my comment that current stop start systems don't work to make any real difference to emissions.

I conducted a test recently a a major cross roads ( 4 roads ) in my home town controlled by traffic lights.The test period was from 0800 hrs to 1200 hours on a dry sunny day.

I used a very accurate directional digital dB reader. I had worked out the dB level in conjunction to the position of the car to the junction when the engine restarts.

The information / data collected was conducted over a few days as it would have been difficult for me to continually do this over a 4 hour time span.

Believe me or not just go and stand by a traffic junction controlled by traffic lights and listen for yourself to car restarting.
This must be a wind up.

I also am losing the will to live, can I borrow your directional digital db reader ?

Can someone kindly explain this thread please ?

Title mentions driving aids but chat seems to relate to stop/start, plus banter & talk of deleted post content.

Not being confrontational.......I am somewhat confused:)

Stop/start is all about emissions, not dB readings?

What a strange thread??

Can someone kindly explain this thread please ?

You have never played Mornington Crescent, have you....? :D

Reactions: AW8
The clue seems to be in the original post: “It’s all to do with exhaust emissions...”. Now if we can find these emissions, using the directional dB reader, they might tell us more about why the engine stopped, but more importantly, why it started again. And who was the man in the hat?

You have never played Mornington Crescent, have you....? :D
:Dmarkjay..............You are not helping - with this thread or my fading sanity o_O

As for Mornington Crescent...........ISIHAC ( I confess I had to google that) ;)

Last edited:
Not sure what is most disturbing......this odd thread or the fact 12 users are currently viewing it :)

Well, I think I us 12 need to all get together at the same time next Wednesday evening and discuss our findings.

Reactions: AW8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom