Driving Courses for Teenagers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ANP320

Car
E320 CDI
Apologies if this has already been covered.

Not long ago I heard of a driving course for teenagers which was designed to continue after the test had been passed. Presumably one could simply book some sort of special extra lessons for motorway driving and the like but this course worked from the premise that the most dangerous time for a new driver, his or her passengers and everyone else on the road is the moment the examiner says PASS. I think it included some shock tactics, computer simulations etc. all designed to impress on young drivers just what damage they can do.

I have a feeling it was in Winchester but can't find it on the net. However, I can find some residential courses which guarantee a pass in no time at all and wonder how can this be?:crazy:

Anyone know anything about this? Any advice appreciated. Number one son is itching to get behind the wheel.

Hi,
Is this what you mean?

Regards
John

Excellent, many thanks. It's not the one I read about but it's a good place to start. It's got to be worth it, hasn't it?

BW

Andrew

Excellent, many thanks. It's not the one I read about but it's a good place to start. It's got to be worth it, hasn't it?

BW

Andrew
Hi andrew,
I think it is great that you are making these enquiries and any course in my opinion can only be beneficial. The longer we drive for, the more bad habits we develop so learning as much as we can, as early as we can. can only be beneficial. I think some insurance companies also offer a discount for new drivers that take this further training.

I wish you good luck and try to get as much as possible out of any course you decide to take.

regards
John

Yes, agree absolutely. I've often thought of doing an advanced driving course but never got round to it.

The Pass Plus would be for for number one son, who will be 17 in September. I've had a look through the web site now and it looks very good. Anyone used it?

A lot of our friends with kids of a similar age make word or mouth recommendations of driving instructors they have used and I guess the good ones are always busy.

Wonder if anyone would choose one of the bigger national firms over a local one man band. Would be interested to know.

BW

Andrew

Yes, agree absolutely. I've often thought of doing an advanced driving course but never got round to it.

The Pass Plus would be for for number one son, who will be 17 in September. I've had a look through the web site now and it looks very good. Anyone used it?

A lot of our friends with kids of a similar age make word or mouth recommendations of driving instructors they have used and I guess the good ones are always busy.

Wonder if anyone would choose one of the bigger national firms over a local one man band. Would be interested to know.

BW

Andrew
Having just been down these routes, then word of mouth every time. There are some great instructors out there and some cowboys.

The instructor is in my opinion far, far more significant than the size of company. One man band or big national firm.

The advanced driving course is an excellent investment and you will get out of it what you are prepared to accept. It should make you a more observant driver and of course a better driver.

regards
John

Its like with any course really, driving or whatever - its only as good as the person teaching it.

The local Police here allow anyone under 25 or who has obtained a licence in the past 12 months (and who lives in the Force area) to have a lesson on their skid pan.

If a group of 3 friends book it together (the lessons are free) then they benefit from each others "experience" as they sit in the back and then get to drive.

The local press reported this as....

"Cops give free driving lessons to immigrants"

Because the immigrants who obtained a UK licence were just as entitled as the other 98% of attendees to take up the offer.

The headline did appear a little unfair (if factually correct).

Many Forces do free BikeSafe courses - including assessed drives for motorcyclists.

http://www.bikesafe.co.uk/

Speak to your local Traffic Police (if there are any left in your County) to see if one of them is an IAM instructor and prepared to do a demonstration drive (which, particularly with commentary, is often a revelation to mere mortals :D ) and see what Advanced Driving is all about.

:D

im taking my theory on monday and instead of doing loads of driving lessions like i already have in going to an intensive week long course, its about £500 but almost garantees your lisence. if you fail you can either take it again that afternoon or get 3 days free lessions an then do it again!

im taking my theory on monday and instead of doing loads of driving lessions like i already have in going to an intensive week long course, its about £500 but almost garantees your lisence. if you fail you can either take it again that afternoon or get 3 days free lessions an then do it again!
Fingers crossed for you and good luck

Regards
John

The IAM have courses for drivers who have just passed their test, maybe a good alternative and covers m/way driving etc.

For those living in South Devon I can recommend a very good instructor

Regards
John

What makes it worse is that thers now only 2 hours and i still havnt slept! 30 hours. AAHHHHH or is it life in the fast lane?:rock:

The local Police here allow anyone under 25 or who has obtained a licence in the past 12 months (and who lives in the Force area) to have a lesson on their skid pan.

If a group of 3 friends book it together (the lessons are free) then they benefit from each others "experience" as they sit in the back and then get to drive.

The local press reported this as....

"Cops give free driving lessons to immigrants"

Because the immigrants who obtained a UK licence were just as entitled as the other 98% of attendees to take up the offer.

The headline did appear a little unfair (if factually correct).

Many Forces do free BikeSafe courses - including assessed drives for motorcyclists.

http://www.bikesafe.co.uk/

Speak to your local Traffic Police (if there are any left in your County) to see if one of them is an IAM instructor and prepared to do a demonstration drive (which, particularly with commentary, is often a revelation to mere mortals :D ) and see what Advanced Driving is all about.

:D

Thanks for this suggestion. Sounds like a good idea especially if it teaches respect for the road and an understanding of the consequences of not doing so.

I PASSED!!!!
I PASSED!!!!
I PASSED!!!!
I PASSED!!!!
I PASSED!!!!
I PASSED!!!!
I PASSED!!!!
I PASSED!!!!
I PASSED!!!!
I PASSED!!!!

just...

I PASSED!!!!
I PASSED!!!!
I PASSED!!!!
I PASSED!!!!
I PASSED!!!!
I PASSED!!!!
I PASSED!!!!
I PASSED!!!!
I PASSED!!!!
I PASSED!!!!

just...

Well done you! Really pleased for you! :D ;)

I PASSED!!!!
I PASSED!!!!
I PASSED!!!!
I PASSED!!!!
I PASSED!!!!
I PASSED!!!!
I PASSED!!!!
I PASSED!!!!
I PASSED!!!!
I PASSED!!!!

just...
How did you get on?

Did you pass :devil: :devil:

Congratulations :D

Onwards and upwards

regards
John

just about passed! with a scrape... got 1 mark more than i needed to pass so i only just got there.

i dont think i did to bad considering i have been wake for 36 hours, only booked the test 4 days ago and little revision

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom