Driving Licence - Changes from June 8th 2015 - Reminder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
so, almost exacty the same as they will do with the new system.
Argument in an empty room FFS

please don't swear at me - I'm a delicate sole.

Perhaps there will be a universal chip and pin reader in the future? I have two different ones for banks already. Gas, electric, foreign currency could all use the same device, and your driving licence could have points downloaded, which could be read elsewhere etc.

If it's not in R&D at the moment, can I copyright this idea?!!

Unfortunately you cannot patent an idea.

Where does this leave my green, paper only licence?

Where does this leave my green, paper only licence?

Ironically none of the new rules apply to you. Just keep hold of it and carry on as normal. It's only us mugs that changed to the photo license that have to pay to update them every 10 years and now this jaz......

Ironically none of the new rules apply to you. Just keep hold of it and carry on as normal. It's only us mugs that changed to the photo license that have to pay to update them every 10 years and now this jaz......

Not sure this is 100% correct, as "Penalty points (endorsements)
From 8 June 2015 new penalty points (endorsements) will only be recorded electronically, and will not be printed or written on either photocard licences or paper driving licences. From this date, if you commit an offence you will still have to pay any applicable fine and submit your licence to the court but the way the court deals with the paperwork will change."

So the way points will be recorded will also impact the old paper licences. See https://www.gov.uk/government/news/driving-licence-changes

Sorry, are you saying that you have patented an idea? Care to cite the patent number?

I have several patent applications and can assure you that I have always been told that one cannot patent an idea with the UK Patent Office. One can only patent an inventive step which typically means that the patent has to describe a new technical solution that is not 'obvious' to the technical community at large.

Sorry, are you saying that you have patented an idea? Care to cite the patent number?

I have several patent applications and can assure you that I have always been told that one cannot patent an idea with the UK Patent Office. One can only patent an inventive step which typically means that the patent has to describe a new technical solution that is not 'obvious' to the technical community at large.

Both of my posts were tongue in cheek, hence the exclamation marks, and the second one was a bit of a tease - sorry! I can see why your advice would be offered if you've been through the process though.

Both of my posts were tongue in cheek, hence the exclamation marks, and the second one was a bit of a tease - sorry! I can see why your advice would be offered if you've been through the process though.

No problems, thanks for the clarification, and sorry for misreading your 'tongue and in cheek' comments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom