Driving points/ban 100+mph on motorway

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
my mate 'Dave' had an unexpected pay cut last month ;)

I recently got fitted up with a 6 month ban, when I went to reinsure my Viper ACR, which previously was £1000, my company did not want to know, got quoted from £10k to £20k
and then I found "Insurance Revolution" in Leeds, they speak to the underwriters and go on what vehicles you have had in the past, and your driving record / claims, They charged me £1000 fully comp, no loading. bear this company in mind

Nick Freeman

I can't help thinking that name is made up based on a presumption he will get everyone off...

I think they should relax speed limits at times of the day when the roads are clear and when the weather permits... Like over Shap at night....

Re 100mph and over... I have tested my 535ds over the years on private test tracks of course to see it the were really limited.... Nope!! But being a father now I rarely get a chance to go fast... Too big a risk.

In the mid 90's I got banned for doing 119 on the M1 in my Sierra cosworth
I got no points, £330 fine, £60 court costs and a 21 day ban.
Thought I got off lightly to be honest..
Lee

I think they should relax speed limits at times of the day when the roads are clear

They wouldn't be clear though , they'd be full of boy racers ;)

How much £££ !!! LOL

I know it's pricey, but if it saves your licence surely it's worth it?

Plus if you compare the cost to a ban, fine, lots of UBER/ taxi's while you are banned and increased insurance premiums for 5 years it is probably cheaper in the long run.

I can recommend Malcolm Savoury as a lawyer who got me off with 5 points and a fine (income based) at 102 on A14.

How is that "getting off"? You appear to have been found guilty?

I guess its better than a ban and a huge fine!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom