Driving School Drop Out........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

boxbrownie

MB Enthusiast
Car
ML350Cdi BE now replaced, E220 2013MY just for a bit.....
OK....just a small rant, was glancing out of bedroom window when a driving school car drove by, a little unusual as although our road is a no through road and only a few houses we never get school vehicles doing the 3 point turn stuff as the road is too narrow.....anyhoo, what got my goat was the instructor was alone in the vehicle with his right arm hanging out with fag in hand and in his left hand he was obviously texting on his phone, now OK he was probably only doing 10-15 mph but for me 1 mph is too fast for that sh1t..........

Just really annoyed me, caught it on our security camera but unfortunately it doesn't actually cover the roadside very well, just a cropped and enlarged section.......not good enough to identify the ****, otherwise it would have been a call to the local nick! :mad:
driving%20school%20drop%20out_zpsolxsjrig.jpg

Hardly a good example .

While the police might not do anything , assuming you have the registration mark or the name of the driving school , you could complain to the DVSA who regulate approved driving instructors .

This might at least result in him being 'inspected' .

Hardly a good example .

While the police might not do anything , assuming you have the registration mark or the name of the driving school , you could complain to the DVSA who regulate approved driving instructors .

This might at least result in him being 'inspected' .

Much to my annoyance I was so surprised by what I saw I didn't catch either.

tHERE CAN'T BE THAT MANY DRIVING SHOOL =S NEAR YOU...YOU COULD PROBABLY MATCH THE SIGN ON THE CAR WITH A LOGO ON LINE. wHEN YOU DO FIND OUT WHO IT IS...RING THEM, NOT THE AUTHORITIES

tHERE CAN'T BE THAT MANY DRIVING SHOOL =S NEAR YOU...YOU COULD PROBABLY MATCH THE SIGN ON THE CAR WITH A LOGO ON LINE. wHEN YOU DO FIND OUT WHO IT IS...RING THEM, NOT THE AUTHORITIES

That certainly worked when I saw a van driver throw his rubbish over McDonalds car park before departing - I rang the number boldly displayed on the van and got through to the owner , pointing out how badly his driver's behaviour reflected on his firm . To my surprise , he agreed and ten minutes later the disgruntled driver returned to pick up his rubbish , casting dirty looks in every direction :devil:

Keep calm, be patient and watch for his return before engaging in a quick conversation to find out if it is a one man outfit or part of a group. If the former, you've got him and up to you what to do next or, if it is a group/school, report the matter to the them or DSA.

Sorry, got to laugh about this as I was expecting read about a collision.

Well had his text been too long it would have been a collision....with the house opposite the end of our road :D

I think it was an independent as its an old Fiesta and they look like mag signs on the side and a releaseable roof adornment, I cannot recall seeing it before, and yes we have an awful lot of driving schools around here.....well within a few miles.

But my eyes will be peeled, no point approaching the bloke as 5 minutes after he did it I expect he believes its not something he would ever do!

Why? Do you get off on reading about collisions? ;) I believe the OP was expressing his dismay at the standard of driving of someone whose job it is to set the standards. A dismay I completely share.

If I'm honest I can't really get indignant over this.

Nothing happened did it?

Won't somebody please think of the children !

Have you been on the Guinness? :dk:.

… at least he had put his coffee in the cup holder …

If I'm honest I can't really get indignant over this.

Nothing happened did it?

No its fine, Driving Instructor driving with no hands on the wheel one hand hanging out the window and the other hand texting.......nothing happening there at all! :dk:

I don't know why you are surprised the standard of driving by most ADI's is appalling you see it every day they train people to pass a test not how to drive, until that changes I don't think you will see a change in their attitudes

Not slating all of them but the good ones are few and far between

No its fine, Driving Instructor driving with no hands on the wheel one hand hanging out the window and the other hand texting.......nothing happening there at all! :dk:

Glad to see that you have taken another look at this and come to your senses.

Bet you feel much more well-adjusted now.

I don't know why you are surprised the standard of driving by most ADI's is appalling you see it every day they train people to pass a test not how to drive, until that changes I don't think you will see a change in their attitudes

Not slating all of them but the good ones are few and far between

I agree, it was just the blatant disregard this one was showing surprised me.

Actually that reminds me, must look at my dashcam from the other day, a Police Discovery was coming the other way and the driver (alone) was swigging from a (looked like) orange juice bottle.......now I am sure some poor punter was once prosecuted for drinking from a bottle while at traffic lights, stationary! hmmm

I agree, it was just the blatant disregard this one was showing surprised me.

Actually that reminds me, must look at my dashcam from the other day, a Police Discovery was coming the other way and the driver (alone) was swigging from a (looked like) orange juice bottle.......now I am sure some poor punter was once prosecuted for drinking from a bottle while at traffic lights, stationary! hmmm

Really?

Tell me you are joking.

Are you seriously going to recover dashcam footage to try and incriminate a traffic policeman for taking a (soft) drink while on duty?

Pathetic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom