Driving shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Athey

Car
C63amg
What shoes/trainers do you wear when driving? I’ve looked at a good few and was going to buy some shoes as it’s normally Nike trainers. I’m thinking that if it’s trainers it would be puma speed cats.
However I’m stuck on shoes, as most are moccasins.

However I’m stuck on shoes, as most are moccasins.
😱😱 Moccasins!!

I wear whatever I’ve got on. Timberlands, Cats, Adidas shell tops, Adidas Stan Smiths, steel capped site boots or Havaianas. (Yes I know).
I haven’t worn a pair of shoes for about 4 years. Probably at a funeral.

When I’ve worn thin soled trainers, I’ve had better throttle control than when I’ve worn AirMax 90’s.

When I’ve worn thin soled trainers, I’ve had better throttle control than when I’ve worn AirMax 90’s.
I’ll be honest, it’s something I’ve never really thought about.
I can quite easily jump on my Porsche with my big steelies on as I can in my Transit. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Well I am in and out of test driving customers' cars & vans all day !
So I wear these, a workshop safety shoe :-
,https://www.carhartt.com/products/6...MIr6_iv5i98AIV1TY4Ch1LdQjsEAQYASABEgI-4_D_BwE
I also wear these :-
https://www.carhartt.com/products/c...-Steel-Rugged-Flex-Ripstop-Bib-Overall-104235 with my company logo on them.
All over an MB sweat shirt saying SPRINTER with a Landrover emblem on the sleeve.
As they say over here real men wear Carhartt, and I used to say back in the UK:- That real men only drink pints not halves of bitter or pink gins" 👿 .
Tuercas viejas

Asics Arrons for long trips. Thin sole, light and wide and provides good feel of throttle and brake.

I know what I’d rather wear! Just want a change, and have a better feel for the pedals.

Attachments

• 4B50814F-81CB-4EE3-82BA-F86EEBF7ABD6.png
    4B50814F-81CB-4EE3-82BA-F86EEBF7ABD6.png
    565.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 73210A19-36E1-4B47-AF18-57C372B018F0.png
    73210A19-36E1-4B47-AF18-57C372B018F0.png
    595.5 KB · Views: 6
I wear loafer-style driving shoes all the time - not just for driving - I find them to be the most comfortable shoe for me.

I used to wear Santoni, and whilst is still have a few pairs I mostly wear Pilotti now, almost as nice and a fraction of the price.

I was looking at pilotti earlier. Didn’t have the ones I liked in stock, hence now thinking about the pumas. I’m just really fussy about what I wear

There’s always these as well

Attachments

• B770101C-73D6-495E-BF70-84065D01D821.png
    B770101C-73D6-495E-BF70-84065D01D821.png
    698.3 KB · Views: 1
I have a pair of these which are great for driving but not so good for walking due to the narrow sole/heel profile.

normally I don’t think about it too much unless I’m on a longer trip.

The ones in the link look better for walking on mine are the MK1

Robin

Dude Wallys’. Just superbly light and comfortable to wear/drive in. 😎

I have some Tod's driving shoes which are excellent but delicate. I sourced them second hand on ebay.

Much like Tuercas I wear steel toecap boots of the SnapOn variety everyday for work, and I drive most cars shod in those. They aren’t the most tactile, but they don’t need to be really. The only time I’ll change them at work is to drive Caterhams or Lotus Elise/Exige, which I do look after a few. I have a pair of ancient OMP race boots which I keep for these occasions, and for trackdays. I also have a couple of pairs of sparco race gloves that I wear for trackdays too. You’d be surprised how sweaty your hands can get when going quickly in circles...

then youll know what i mean about better feel and control when wearing thin shoes

then youll know what i mean about better feel and control when wearing thin shoes
Yeah, and you can’t drive a Caterham in size 11 steel toecap boots, because it’s impossible not to press two pedal at once!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom