Driving shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There's a chavette down my daughters school that drives her range rover with fluffy teddy slippers and changes into 4 inch heels to walk her inflicted child the 25 yards to the gates :)

It’s whatever I’m wearing to drive my daily drive, but I have to wear moccasins or the like in the JZR as the pedals are close together. If you look closely at my avatar pic you can see a bulge just behind the front wheel. I added this so that I could spread the pedals out a bit, a huge improvement in the car’s drivability.

I’m with Darrell, I haven’t bought a pair of shoes since I got married in 2010. I live in trainers ( I have plain black for work) and mostly Vans as they are a great fit for me.

Racing boots, if their good enough for Lewis/Max then should be good enough for you👍 & think how much quicker you will go with the weight saving🥾👟

I don't have an issue driving in whatever I have on, which could be Salomon all weather boots or Paul Smith leather work shoes......makes not a jot of difference to my driving ability.

I can see how race shoes might improve control in something with a hair trigger throttle, or where braking accurately for an apex is the difference between winning or losing, but lets be fair, as far as i'm aware we drive road going cars, not race cars :)

Sparco (as already mentioned) do some quite nice shoes. They've actually got a sale on at the moment which is tempting. Not all of their range look "Performance" oriented. I have wide feet and for Italian shoes they fit me perfectly. My trainers/runners are all Altras now so driving a manual in those is a bit more tricky as they are super wide at the toe.

I also have a pair of Dents Donnington gloves in tan. I bought a pair for my Dad and like them so much bought a pair for me. And my wife! They are superb. To the point it feels weird driving without them.

Sparco (as already mentioned) do some quite nice shoes. They've actually got a sale on at the moment which is tempting. Not all of their range look "Performance" oriented. I have wide feet and for Italian shoes they fit me perfectly. My trainers/runners are all Altras now so driving a manual in those is a bit more tricky as they are super wide at the toe.

I also have a pair of Dents Donnington gloves in tan. I bought a pair for my Dad and like them so much bought a pair for me. And my wife! They are superb. To the point it feels weird driving without them.
This takes me back a number of years, remembering the advert they ran in the motoring press which was along the lines of: "All the best drivers have Dents in their cars"

George!

I recently bought three pairs of my favourite shoes in a sale recently. Like others I rarely wear shoes nowadays - mainly Hatch, Match and Despatch events so we have worked out that I now have enough to last me till I die. As a matter of fact, the third pair will probably do for for my laying-out outfit!

1620672287861.png

The Noddy Holder anniversary edition are particular favourite of moiyn . Cum On Feel The Noize

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom