Driving to Stuttgart

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Niks

MB Enthusiast
Wonder if anyone can help or has been here before by car.. MB Museum. Im planning a trip with some friends in September and will be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn.

I noticed now that to drive into central Stuttgart you need to have an emissions sticker as its a low emissions zone. Where can I get one and how much are they? Has anyone got one before and could tell me how to go about it please?

Thanks in advance!

All you need to know HERE:thumb:

Link to purchase on line is halfway down the page cost €12.50

Last edited:
I didnt buy one,didnt know there was such a thing,can tell you you can park in the dealership beside museum for free
Its a good place to visit, 1st sunday in the month they have a coffee morning for classic cars (oldtimers) get there early
not many 124s in museam was hoping to see some (e500 none)

Ahh I was hoping to see a few 124's and some 500E's! Will be taking lots of pictures of the whole journey so it should be good!

There are several sites which vary in price, but this is Berlin's official site (6€), and this site should help explain things.

You will need to scan your logbook (and have a payment card ready). The purpose is to establish which emissions group your car falls into. This may be difficult if your car is pre 2001, as your logbook may not contain this info, which mine didn't. I received an email from the Berlin authorities asking the question, and as neither VOSA nor MB could advise me, I scanned my MoT certificate and emissions printout, which I forwarded with a covering explanation (in German for brownie points!). This seems to have done the trick, as they despatched mine later that same day.

This was last week, btw, as I'm off to Berlin next week, and my green group 4 sticker arrived last Saturday. It's a one off application and will stay with the car for life. HTH.

Thanks guys for the help! I'll get on it asap.

I havered about buying the sticker, eventually ran out of time and decided to get one when I got there. Cue: one cold and wet morning wandering around Munich's various TUVs getting ever more confused looks. In the end I gave up.

Penalty Notice is yet to arrive.

Here is a downloadable pdf file from the Berlin site, which explains things better than in my previous post

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom