DRL's Knackered in Less than 10 miles!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

petesnap

Car
C250 Estate AMG Line
Picked up my brand new C250 Estate AMG today... Both DRL's working perfectly when I left the dealership...by the time i'd driven home (10 miles) warning light on and one DRL not working....A great start to MB ownership...is this typical?

On a positive I'm very pleased with the car on the whole.

Yeah they only last ten miles! Didn't they offer you the bumper pack of 100 replacements? :p

It's brand new, the entire thing has only just been assembled, a few things are bound to not be perfect. Just nip back and they'll sort it... It's probably just the connection not pushed until it clicks in.

I'm sure you'll love the car. :thumb:

Last edited:
I'd hand it back and reject it if I were you.

Who knows what could happen next !

Howard is right, this happens to nearly all brand new Mercedes. Usually once they are fixed they last a couple of thousand miles.

I wonder what help you were expecting?

Be aware though...the engine only has another 240 miles left (well according to another new owner).

Mercedes quality at its finest, I'm amazed some are prepared to accept faults in a car that costs this much there should be no teething problems it should work how it's supposed to I've never had a fault on a new car in 35 years of motoring but then again I've never had a new MB and the OP is just one of the reasons why

I have a well run-in 2006 car with 50k miles and no issues, in case anyone wants to avoid the apparent risk involved in buying a new and un-tested car... ;)

:D

Mercedes quality at its finest, I'm amazed some are prepared to accept faults in a car that costs this much there should be no teething problems it should work how it's supposed to I've never had a fault on a new car in 35 years of motoring but then again I've never had a new MB and the OP is just one of the reasons why
To claim that issues such as the OP's are confined to only Mercedes-Benz is plain daft.

I've had faults on brand new Fords, Vauxhall's and VW's but no faults on either new MB that I've owned. That neither means that Ford, GM and VW have rubbish build quality nor that MB is perfect.

Small - often self-selecting - sample sizes don't tell anyone very much.

As an aside, Product Quality tends to be designed in rather than being a result of good or bad final assembly. Teething problems tend to be more related to final assembly, or post-factory work that hasn't been carried out properly.

To claim that issues such as the OP's are confined to only Mercedes-Benz is plain daft.

I'm not suggesting that at all, what I am eluding to is MB build quality is far worse (IMHO )than other manufacturers. Which is why recently I have never bought a new MB, couple that with unacceptable (to me) delivery times and they are not going to get my business any time soon.

I have never suffered a major problem in my 20 or so years of Mercedes ownership. The only problem I had is changing gears after not driving for a few weeks. I've finally ran into a problem, but I managed to fix it myself. The keys battery on a 8 month old car. Wouldn't blame Mercedes as the key has been used from far distances.

Wouldn't blame Mercedes as the key has been used from far distances.

The distance a radio signal is received from doesn't drain the transmitter's battery any more.

Use it from the moon, it won't unlock the car, but won't drain the battery any more than if you were stood next to it.

My car needs a complete new headlamp unit....Thankfully under warranty..otherwise that would be £700 please sir!

The distance a radio signal is received from doesn't drain the transmitter's battery any more.

Use it from the moon, it won't unlock the car, but won't drain the battery any more than if you were stood next to it.

Are you sure...doesn't a torch use more battery if used outside?

renault12ts said:
Are you sure...doesn't a torch use more battery if used outside?

It depends how far away the thing you are trying to see is. I once shone my torch on a duck on the other side of the river , and the battery was finished in 30 secs.

At this rate the OP will think that his, important, issue is not being taken seriously.

To respond to the replies, I don't know how it drained. I only gave a suggestion to what caused my problem. I've now replaced my battery and hope that this one doesn't finish in a year. To respond to the OP, the only thing I can suggest is that it was part of a bad batch. I'd expect Mercedes to replace these lights without argument, and hope that it doesn't happen again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom