Dropped aim on one headlamp. any ideas?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sickpuppy e220

Car
1995 e220 face lift.
Hi guys.
I had one of my lamps out of my w124 to work on the wiper motor. I had to disconn the air tube that I assume controls the height of the lamp relating to the position switch in the cabin.
I forgot to replace it initially although on start up I heard the hissing noise from it and remembered.
Upshot is now the lamp level is a lot lower in aim than the other.
Any procedure to follow to fix this?
Or simply disconn both and start over?

Cheers in advance guys

Hi,
When you operate the adjusting wheel in the cabin now do both headlights move up and down? with just one shining lower than the other?

Yes Andy. Both lights move. But when looking at pattern on say a car six feet in front roughly. The left light pattern is a noticeable few inches lower. Where as after mot they were both level with each other.
Till I played fix it that is lol.

there will be a black plastic adjuster on top of the cluster (under the bonnet) which control the up and down aim of the light beam. there should also be on on he side of the cluster which controls the left and right motion aswell.

hope this helps

Hi,
It sounds like the headlight has not gone back in exactly as it came out, if you are happy the headlight is secure just go to your local MOT station and get them to align it, got mine done like this and they were,nt even gonna charge me I gave the guy a tenner for a drink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom