Dropped hood rivet/clip into engine bay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FCT

Car
W203 Coupe C220
Right, had a mare, I've just pullet one of the plastic rivet/clips out from the hood liner and accidentally dropped it into the rear of the engine bay. Gone at it with a torch and cannot locate the thing. I wondering if I'll be okay to leave it, hoping it's not a risk of getting stuck, burnt etc...Any ideas?

Right, had a mare, I've just pullet one of the plastic rivet/clips out from the hood liner and accidentally dropped it into the rear of the engine bay. Gone at it with a torch and cannot locate the thing. I wondering if I'll be okay to leave it, hoping it's not a risk of getting stuck, burnt etc...Any ideas?

It should be fine. It may probably eventually make its way to the lower engine cover tray but I wouldn't worry about it.

I would search till you find it . If it is plastic it might not be problem,, but steel can short out electrical parts .. If you have an engine tray,, see if you can remove it and it could just be on it

Drive to a breakers yard , they may have a car hoist that can flip the car over and shake it , till the offending clip drops out !

I have done that a few times, usually you find it on the under tray, or just drive it up and down the road accelerating / breaking abruptly and you may find it laying on the road somewhere.

First time i opened the bonnet I found a small wrench an tech had left behind, given the amount of dirt on top of it it had been there for quite a while :)

Don't worry about it. Happens all the time.

No plastic wont short out,, we all know that ,,i was thinking it was a steel rivet clip and not a plastic retainer .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom